Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
$ 3,600 40 ft slip for the 6 month season. Water and Electricty included.
Thats comes out to $15/ft/month

$ 2,000 Winter Dry Dock storage (Outside Mast Up)
Includes Haul out, powerwash and Launch.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2007

SanderO is an unknown quantity at this point
My summer mooring from May - October is $1,400 and does not include a dinghy dock to park your dink. I pay the same for in water storage at a dock, electricity a few extra bucks from November through May. Winter in west end of Long Island Sound and Summer in the east end.

jef
sv shiva
Contest 36
Old 07-23-2007

conrat66 is on a distinguished road
If people check in with rates I would be interested as to WHERE they are located I'm in SC and rates from mooring out for free to nine to twelve dollars a foot ..... I will have some more exact figures in the next week or so....... thanks Conrad ol pyrate
Old 07-23-2007

WuWei is on a distinguished road
I live in Tampa, and keep my boat in a slip on MacDill AFB. It is dirt cheap for the area- $5 a foot, so it costs $180 a month to keep our US30 there. Free water and shore power, however, we lack pumpout and diesel. Getting a slip in the area is a nightmare, as marinas are being razed for waterfront communities and condos. The rates are run from $12 to $20 a foot- if you can even get a slip. (People will buy crappy boats for a lot of money just to get the slip at St. Pete municipal marina.) As far as moorings go, I can't really tell you because there are not very many. The seaplane basin near downtown Tampa has some, but I was told that people dropped engines there to make their own moorings....?

Chris
US 30 Wu-Wei
http://www.diysailor.com
Old 07-23-2007
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
Private community dock in Mitchell Bay on San Juan Island, $6.50/ft per month. 33' boat, but I'm paying for a 40' slip. And damn happy/lucky to have it. Buying a boat in July and bringing her home to Friday Harbor was not the best of timing, as basically all slips are accounted for by June. In my case, timing was everything. My slip had just been vacated an hour before I happened to call... So I pay $260/mo for the slip, plus $25/mo if I use electricity, and $10/mo if I use water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Old 07-23-2007
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
At Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes, WA it is about $8/ft/month for the whole year with $8/month for elec. Blakely Island Marina is about the same, but $35/mo. for elec. In Lake Washington, near Seattle it's around $10-11/ft.

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Old 07-23-2007
tidepoolpaddleboater

britcoal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to britcoal Send a message via MSN to britcoal
I got lucky and nabbed a mooring outright here in Portland, ME for $900.. it'll be ~$100 a year in permit fees and inspection. Marina rates seem crazy to me at anywhere from $1200 on the very low end to $2300+ at the high end for a seasonal mooring (May-Oct).. I didn't even bother looking at slip fees - I can't afford it.
Old 07-23-2007

US25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Do you mean moorage or slip fees? Big difference. Slip fees in Southeast Massachusetts run fron $85. to $150.00 per foot on a seasonal basis, usually May to October. 30 foot boat $2550.00-$4500.00 a season. Moorage rates run considerably less at $800.00 -$1200.00 a season usually regardless of length. l Like DrB I lease a spot in New Bedford for $100.00 a year and own my own mooring tackle. Other than the annual fee to the city I pay $50.00 to have the winter stick put in, another $50.00 to put the mooring ball back on in the Spring and every three years the mooring service pulls the mooring for a complete inspection for $300.00 plus whatever tackle needs replacement.
I was mainly referring to slip fees, but the moorage prices are interesting to hear as well. In my part of the country, (NW) most people consider the words "slip" and "moorage" to be interchangeable, and more often use moorage when referring to a marina slip than a tie up. We say buoy, when talking about the non-dock type moorage. As in "During the summer I use a buoy tie and in the winter I moorage at ABC Marina, in a very nice slip". It's kind of like New Yorkers calling coffee with cream and sugar, regular coffee, where as everyone in Seattle knows, regular coffee is black.
Old 07-23-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
On Lake Champlain, we're paying $80/foot ($3200/season) for May through the beginning of October. That includes water and electric, but they don't allow liveaboards.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 07-23-2007
Operating life w/o a net

SchoonerMISTRESS is on a distinguished road
St. Augustine, Florida
We pay 180.00 /mo. for dingy dockage. No parking but there are showers and a laundry room.

Slip fees here are !9.95 a foot a month, all year round. Free water and electric. For MISTRESS it would cost us 997.50/mo

The City is going to be putting in a mooring field next year and many are anxious to see what they charge.

I understand from other cruisers that Vero Beach and Fernandina Beach each charge $300/mo for a mooring and most boaters are anchoring just outside the field.

Kathleen
aboard
Schooner MISTRESS