Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007

US25 is on a distinguished road
Moorage rates. How much do you pay?

I'm just curious what moorage rates around the country are like in comparison to Seattle, I pay:

$11.00 per foot, per month ($297 per month)

Plus a small electric bill based on use. To live aboard would coast an extra $100 per month. My rate is pretty typical for moorage on Lake Union in downtown Seattle and currently there is a shortage of slips, (I saw one ad from a guy willing to pay $1000 finders fee).

What's everyone else paying?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2007

DrB will become famous soon enough
My mooring....

in Salem Harbor on Marblehead side (Marblehead, MA) costs me $133/year. In addition to that I pay $225/year for mooring tackle maintenance. I had to initially outlay $1200 (one time) to buy the tackle and have it installed.

I have no electricity (obviously). If I want to use the launch service (unlimited from 1 May to 31 Oct.) thats $600.

I have a 33 ft boat.

I have seen slip fees around here from $100 to $130/ft.

DrB
Old 07-23-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Annapolis will run you anywhere from $13 to $16/ft, based on an annual contract.

Rates drop the further you get away from Annapolis proper.
Old 07-23-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Some of you guys should be bragging - not complaining.

Try $133.00/ft x 36 ft slip = $4,824 into the waterhole each summer. Dry winter storage is another $45.00/ft x 36 = $1,620.00, includes haul-out and pressure wash (big deal!) Grand total = $6,444.00 annual rent.

I should have bought my slip for $30k, 10 years ago when I had the chance.
Old 07-23-2007

Bump is on a distinguished road
Do you mean moorage or slip fees? Big difference. Slip fees in Southeast Massachusetts run fron $85. to $150.00 per foot on a seasonal basis, usually May to October. 30 foot boat $2550.00-$4500.00 a season. Moorage rates run considerably less at $800.00 -$1200.00 a season usually regardless of length. l Like DrB I lease a spot in New Bedford for $100.00 a year and own my own mooring tackle. Other than the annual fee to the city I pay $50.00 to have the winter stick put in, another $50.00 to put the mooring ball back on in the Spring and every three years the mooring service pulls the mooring for a complete inspection for $300.00 plus whatever tackle needs replacement.
Old 07-23-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
I'm assuming since he's charged electric, that the comparison is for marina slips.
Old 07-23-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
TrueBlue,
You should have bought your slip for $30,000 ten years ago when you had the chance.
Old 07-23-2007

Bump is on a distinguished road
Forgot to mention. Winter storage costs me $29.00 per foot. $812.00 for a 28' baot. Mast step/unstep is 3.50 a foot. Shrink wrap is around $14.00 a foot.
Old 07-23-2007
Señor Member

Quote:
TrueBlue,
You should have bought your slip for $30,000 ten years ago when you had the chance.
Tell me about it. We all know boats and anything related are depreciating assets, so I didn't think the slip could actually go up in value - especially since the marina charges usage fees even for slip owners.

The bittersweet reality kicked in when the slip next to me went on the market for $94,000 . . . could have saved a ton of $$$.
Old 07-23-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Around $6/foot in S Texas for a nice marina and decent slip. Other fees apply, including a Liveaboard fee/person and elec. However, that isn't bad.

Around $17/foot, one year minimum contract, and LOTS of fees in Fort Myers area. This also usually includes a nice little waiting list. However, the Hurricanes are free.

PS SLips here (Ft. Myers) are running $250,000, plus monthly upkeep fees (what upkeep do you have on 4 poles sticking out of the water)??!??! Or you can drop a million or so on a house and keep it behind your house. It has been a really tough decision for me which way to go... I am thinking... TB, what is your Mastercard number???

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook: