SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Looking for Information on Anchor Sailboats (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/3544-looking-information-anchor-sailboats.html)

sparkplug 03-12-2002 06:31 AM

Looking for Information on Anchor Sailboats

I bought a 15.5 foot Anchor Sailboat...Class Teal built in Union City, Penn. I am lost trying to figure out the rigging of the boat. Does anyone have any information , or have any idea where I can obtain the information on this boat? I tried to contact the company but telephone information hasn''t heard of them. I guess they gave gone out of business. I haven''t sailed in over 50 years and now I have the opportunity to get back into my hobby. Thanks for any help any of you can offer
Ray

Jeff_H 03-12-2002 09:27 AM

If this is the Teal made in the 1960''s it was a very simple rig supported with only a forestay and two shrouds. It had a main halyard, jib halyard and optional spin halyard. What are you having trouble sorting out?

Jeff

sparkplug 03-17-2002 07:02 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I think it WAS a late 60''s model. The problem I am having is the boat came with no riggings and I am lost trying to figure out the spin halyard. I thought I had it right but I am still lost about the use of it. I haven''t sailed in over 58 years and am anxious to get it in the bay. I was hoping to find some sort of OP manual.
Ray

Sawbones 05-05-2002 05:40 PM

I just bought a Teal myself... mine has two stays that originate near the base of the mast, go to spreaders and back to the mast near the block for the jib halyard, in addition to the two shrouds and the forestay. But no spinnaker or spinnaker halyard, so I can''t help you there. But the guy I bought the boat from didn''t know much about it, so I''d be glad of any information you come across, and will be happy to share anything I find out.

nmckeeman 04-30-2007 07:53 PM

I am new to the this board. Sorry if I make any mistakes in this post. I have a Teal sailboat. It is sail #290 and the the only boat I have seen so far on the web. I have all the parts and have started to re-rig the boat in a way I like better. I race a Tanzer 16 which has the same sail setup. The boat is comfortable to sail but I wish the seats went all the way to the front of the cockpit.
Neil

uspirate 04-30-2007 11:08 PM

from what i've read on this board, Macgregors, hunters and catalinas are all sailboats that might make a good anchor.

sailingdog 04-30-2007 11:27 PM

Neil-

Other than Jeff H, who is a fixture here, no one else on this thread has responded or posted in almost five years... it is doubtful that they're still active members. Please check the dates on posts before replying.

uspirate 04-30-2007 11:33 PM

im still active on occaision:)

sailingdog 04-30-2007 11:38 PM

Yes, but you posted in response to Neil, not the other way around... ;)

uspirate 04-30-2007 11:39 PM

okay... you got me!:D