Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007

SailLikeTheWind is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrondv View Post
A pit bull right? A "near genuis" one?
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
from sailnet...
Arthur Kelly
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2003
Designer Wanted
I need assistance in finding an individual who can design a 30'' light displacement sailboat for me. Haven''t been able to find a website other than the big firms, which I can''t afford. You can post to the board or e-mail me privately at arthurwkelly@msn.com if you wish. Thanks!

04-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Am looking for a builder to construct a one off sailboat in fiberglass in the 28 to 30 foot range. Canada or the U.S. preferable. Boat design is a lightweight trailerable racer/cruiser without a lot of frills. Interested parties may e-mail me at arthurwkelly@msn.com

Arthur W. Kelly04-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi: I have four sailboat designs that I would like 3D renderings produced for. I am looking at three to four drawings per design. Must be reasonably priced.
Reply by e-mail at arthurwkelly@msn.com or within thread.

http://www.dibleymarine.com/sail/sail/k280.html
Kiwi Boat Works
Attention: Arthur W. Kelly
e-mail: arthurwkelly@msn.com
Web Site: www.kiwiboatworks.com
btw, the domain kiwiboatworks.com ran out on June 14th of this year... hey art, HOWS THE WEATHER IN COLORADO?

and he wonders why I wanted him to email me... he won't thats why, 'cuz he'd rather hide behind his nome de plume.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 07-29-2007

thedudeistoocool is on a distinguished road
See SD
I told you where it was going.
Old 07-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperwhite View Post
Actually, this is more fun than reading threads about how to fix a leaky joker valve, which chartplotter supports weather overlays, or which Hunter is the best Hunter to ever go a huntin'.

BTW, did you get heckled off of SA or something? Is that why you've graced us with your presence?
Glad you are back Slapmandoo. SA is an interesting site. It is based in San Diego so I actually know a few of the posters and their boats. I actually bought some of their gear. Burgee, T-shirt, ballcap, etc. Its a pretty raucous crowd over there but they have no problem talking about new boat designs.

HOLY **** BATMAN! I must be getting allenheimers. The Kiwi boat was on the front page about two months ago. Had a picture of it being built in the factory. They had one of those contests to to see if anyone could guess the who, what, when, etc.

THANK YOU SLAPMANDOOOOOO!

I am sure one of the morons here can dig back and find the picture/article on it.

Please, please, please do.
Old 07-29-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacpaul View Post
from sailnet...
Arthur Kelly
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2003
Designer Wanted
I need assistance in finding an individual who can design a 30'' light displacement sailboat for me. Haven''t been able to find a website other than the big firms, which I can''t afford. You can post to the board or e-mail me privately at arthurwkelly@msn.com if you wish. Thanks!

04-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Am looking for a builder to construct a one off sailboat in fiberglass in the 28 to 30 foot range. Canada or the U.S. preferable. Boat design is a lightweight trailerable racer/cruiser without a lot of frills. Interested parties may e-mail me at arthurwkelly@msn.com

Arthur W. Kelly04-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi: I have four sailboat designs that I would like 3D renderings produced for. I am looking at three to four drawings per design. Must be reasonably priced.
Reply by e-mail at arthurwkelly@msn.com or within thread.

http://www.dibleymarine.com/sail/sail/k280.html
Kiwi Boat Works
Attention: Arthur W. Kelly
e-mail: arthurwkelly@msn.com
Web Site: www.kiwiboatworks.com
btw, the domain kiwiboatworks.com ran out on June 14th of this year... hey art, HOWS THE WEATHER IN COLORADO?

and he wonders why I wanted him to email me... he won't thats why, 'cuz he'd rather hide behind his nome de plume.

HAHAHAHA

May disinterested parties also email you @arthurwkelly@msn.com
Old 07-29-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
from SA... (awkIII)
Need A Yard In San Diego
I have a boat coming into the Port of San Diego soon and was hoping to get some referrals on a good yard. Aside from Driscoll's, any reccos on good yards? Thanks

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums...=40173&hl=k280

Apr 13 2007, 07:14 PM Post #134

Anarchist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9022

QUOTE(H20 @ Apr 13 2007, 05:04 AM)
I like it just fine as I said before, for what it is. Again, a big step in the right direction. It looks like a very good third option in the US (or wherever). Starter boat for the masses VS hunter or catalina. THE WHEEL IS AN OPTION I also said before. Look on the website.

Um, Mr Dibbly, how much is this boat going to sell for? What do you suppose it will PHRF out to. I'm thinking fairly quick COMPARED to the competition in family cruisers. Is there really 6' headroom? And I see no head. Looks like there is plenty of room for an enclosed head.
People this is not supposed to compete with a melges32 but a catahunter 28. I own a Tartan28 which at the time, in the early 80's, was a fairly quick, decently appointed 28er. This is the new version of that design brief. I would change out the little square hunter windows for a couple of opening lewmars, try to do something with the rubrail, get rid of that silly wheel, at least put a 44" on for pictures, and sell some. Get that little wheel off and delete that image from everywhere. Lift keel and lift rudder. I think the masses have been waiting for this. Ya people will jump on the bandwagon and say this and that but they are squarely NOT the target group. I would also build a fixed keel 5.5" draft version. Would be a bit sturdier for the newbies to run aground, and more room to waltz around below. 6"5" draft is a bit much for new boat owners.
Again, how much?
Hi H20.
My name is Arthur Kelly and I am President of Kiwi Boat Works U.S.A. located in Elizabeth, Colorado.
First let me thank the Editor for placing one of our early construction photographs on the site. We have been thrilled to see the number of hits to this thread as well as the numerous inquiries that have been received to date.
Please note that the picture represents the prototype of the K-280c and there will obviously be modifications as we move forward.
We are still working on pricing but are getting close.
The standard boat will be fairly well equipped:
H20.....based on what you know about the boat to date and what I have provided, what would you peg the base price at to not only be competitive bu to drive market share.

I ask this because your post is so close to our original brief.

Best regards,
Art Kelly

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 07-29-2007

Registration Service Provided By: MANAGE.SNAPNAMES.COM
Domain Name: KIWIBOATWORKS.COM
Registrant:
Arthur Kelly (arthurwkelly@msn.com)
39540 County Road 13
Elizabeth
null,80107
US
Tel. +1.3036466888
Creation Date: 10-Jun-2007
Expiration Date: 10-Jun-2008
Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.interimnameserver.com
ns1.interimnameserver.com
Administrative Contact:
N.A.
39540 County Road 13
Elizabeth
null,80107
US
Tel. +1.3036466888
Technical Contact:
N.A.
39540 County Road 13
Elizabeth
null,80107
US
Tel. +1.3036466888
Billing Contact:
N.A.
39540 County Road 13
Elizabeth
null,80107
US
Tel. +1.3036466888

Hmmm,
http://www.expiresoft.com/domains/pe...-06-09-160.htm
kiwiboatworks.com Pending Delete Jun 09, 2007
Deletion on: Jun 14, 2007

I'm done. had a great day sailing, now taking a shower and going to play with TheCuban.

I'm sure Art would love an email telling him this wonk is putzing with his kids retirement.

love ya big...
g'night art.

Last edited by cardiacpaul; 07-29-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CP-

Sounds like good plan to me... LOL...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacpaul View Post
from SA... (awkIII)
Need A Yard In San Diego
I have a boat coming into the Port of San Diego soon and was hoping to get some referrals on a good yard. Aside from Driscoll's, any reccos on good yards? Thanks

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums...=40173&hl=k280

Apr 13 2007, 07:14 PM Post #134

Anarchist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9022

QUOTE(H20 @ Apr 13 2007, 05:04 AM)
I like it just fine as I said before, for what it is. Again, a big step in the right direction. It looks like a very good third option in the US (or wherever). Starter boat for the masses VS hunter or catalina. THE WHEEL IS AN OPTION I also said before. Look on the website.

Um, Mr Dibbly, how much is this boat going to sell for? What do you suppose it will PHRF out to. I'm thinking fairly quick COMPARED to the competition in family cruisers. Is there really 6' headroom? And I see no head. Looks like there is plenty of room for an enclosed head.
People this is not supposed to compete with a melges32 but a catahunter 28. I own a Tartan28 which at the time, in the early 80's, was a fairly quick, decently appointed 28er. This is the new version of that design brief. I would change out the little square hunter windows for a couple of opening lewmars, try to do something with the rubrail, get rid of that silly wheel, at least put a 44" on for pictures, and sell some. Get that little wheel off and delete that image from everywhere. Lift keel and lift rudder. I think the masses have been waiting for this. Ya people will jump on the bandwagon and say this and that but they are squarely NOT the target group. I would also build a fixed keel 5.5" draft version. Would be a bit sturdier for the newbies to run aground, and more room to waltz around below. 6"5" draft is a bit much for new boat owners.
Again, how much?
Hi H20.
My name is Arthur Kelly and I am President of Kiwi Boat Works U.S.A. located in Elizabeth, Colorado.
First let me thank the Editor for placing one of our early construction photographs on the site. We have been thrilled to see the number of hits to this thread as well as the numerous inquiries that have been received to date.
Please note that the picture represents the prototype of the K-280c and there will obviously be modifications as we move forward.
We are still working on pricing but are getting close.
The standard boat will be fairly well equipped:
H20.....based on what you know about the boat to date and what I have provided, what would you peg the base price at to not only be competitive bu to drive market share.

I ask this because your post is so close to our original brief.

Best regards,
Art Kelly
Thanks, Stroker.

Appreciate you posting this information. Alhough I am not Art Kelly, it does go to show the boat isn't a figment of my imagination.

Now go plug in the heart monitor and hit the sack.

Nighty night.
Old 07-29-2007

then send me an email, thats all I ask, c'mon, don't be a-scared, be a man, pipe one off sparky.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.