Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
A few sailboating Don'ts

1. Don't ( this one I can up with ) leave your wife unsupervised on the boat for more than a few hours at a time, because, she'll I.M. you her newly started list of sailboating don'ts

2. Don't ( I came up with this one also ) read your wife newly started list sailboating Don'ts while sitting at a computer at work drinking coffee, this could not only be costly on the equip, but your employees may very well call the padded wagon when you bust out laughing for no appearent reason.

3. Don't ( this one is my wifes #1 on her newly started list of sailboating don't ) pick your nose using marine grade toilet paper, it instantly desolves leaving you with not only the rogue booger, but also a nose full of TP that harder to dig out than the previously mentioned rogue booger

Well, that's it for know, but I do have a meeting tomorrow in which case she'll be unattended for most the day and I'm affraid her list of sailboating don't may grow

Freedom comes when you’re ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you don’t have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Don't:

Leave the little flap open to the TP Holder when showering and you don't have any more Toilet Paper. The little brown paper roll is very uncomfortable and does not flush well - even the marine grade kind.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-31-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CD–

I didn't think you used TP... just squatted and let loose in the old shorts and then buried the shorts in the nearest dumpster...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-31-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
CD–

I didn't think you used TP... just squatted and let loose in the old shorts and then buried the shorts in the nearest dumpster...
I am beginning to think I better start using a different pen name for my writing! (smile)

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-31-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Too late Brian...way too late...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 08-02-2007

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
True don't on a vessel of any sort:
1. Don't spit or up-chuck into the wind.
2. Pass gas in small spaces.
3. Use wads of TP. It clogs the toilet.
4. Guests don't expect to be waited on hand & foot. That is only the Captain's privilege, and the SO laughs at that also.

SO = Significant Other.
Old 08-02-2007
Telstar 28

What Boasun forgot to mention is the SO often expects to be waited on hand and foot... but don't do it... you'll never stop...and she'll start wanting that treatment on dry land...and then you're screwed.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 08-02-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Don't ask your wife / SO to clean the galley.
I made that mistake once and will never do it again.

After a day on the water were I cooked breakfast, sailed the boat for about four hours, anchored in a quite little bay, and than cooked dinner; and my wife was just snuggling down for an evening movie, I made the mistake of asking her if she was planning on cleaning the galley and doing the dishes?

Her response?

"Get me off this boat!"
"I am not your Galley Slave!"

The quite little anchorage was no longer quiet.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 08-02-2007

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
I heard an efficiency expert speak about streamlining all the little things in your day to give you more time. A lot of it was common sense stuff to keep from walking the halls more than necessary. A big part of it was getting into the mode of analyzing everything you do for a few days because while the concepts are simple, the realization that a process could benefit from it is where most people fail to implement the concept. But he warned people not to take it too far. He said he watched his wife making him breakfast one morning and realized she made far more trips to the fridge, sink and stove than necessary and pointed it out to her. He said it used to take her 12 minutes to make his breakfast and now he does it in 8...
Old 08-02-2007
Semper Gumby

GySgt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GySgt
Don't have your 10 year old daughter attach the halyard to the mainsail head. (With out proper instruction). It will end up wrapped around the steaming light and cause you to balance on the boom with a boat pole for a good 15 mins