Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
What about a Farrier F33 I know that can sail as fast as the wind!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASonOfaSailor View Post
What about a Farrier F33 I know that can sail as fast as the wind!

I seriously doubt that it can do 25 knots in 25 knots of wind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-10-2007
John

Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
Yes it can I was on one.

Last edited by ImASonOfaSailor; 08-10-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASonOfaSailor View Post
Yes it can I was on one.
So you're saying this Farrier F33 can do 40 knots in 40 knots of wind??? Right...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-10-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
http://www.f-boat.com/pages/news/f33Cowesrace.html
24.6 knots achieved in a documented race.
I'd say sonofasailor had a helluva ride!
Old 08-10-2007
SeŮor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
On the way back from Block Island yesterday, the GPS clocked 6.7 kts SOG, not speed over water. Wind was at 18 kts, but we were heading into 5-7 ft seas . . . slowed us down considerably, but still not bad for a 9 ton ketch motorsailer without motor power .

With the 90hp motor - I've clocked 10 kts.
Old 08-10-2007

paulk is on a distinguished road
Conditions

We've moved Eclipse at better than 12.5 knots dead downwind with only a reefed main hoisted. Of course it was blowing more than 40 in the puffs, and they'd closed Laguardia Airport because of the wind. The bow wave was shooting spray so wide it was making rainbows out by the end of the boom. http://www.stw.fr/album_photo/grande/ph_alb_11742_2_gr.jpg

Last edited by paulk; 08-10-2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: correct hyperlink
Old 08-11-2007

dorourke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timangiel View Post
You should be able to hit 7.0 knots in less wind then that in my opinion. How much were you healing?? In that kind of wind I would expect over 6 knots with the main reefed and the jib partially furled, but I don't know if I would go much faster than 7.2 no matter what I did. I don't think I would use full sails in 25K winds, and if I did I'm not sure that it would make me go faster. My knot meter has gone as high as 7.8 (it was less than 25K winds)but only for a brief period. We seem to hit 7.0 on a fairly regular basis and is sustainable when the wind is right, we consider that good sailing. There is no way your boat will only go 5.2 knots, we motor faster than that.
When I need to get into line to enter the marina with the powerboaters I regulary get 6.4 knots on the out of calibrated knot meter, I think that's all the saildrive will push. I've been told the rudder will flutter at about 7+ knots, that happens alot. As far as my healing goes, I coulden't say, we rocked most of the way. I had the main full and the hanked on 100% jib all the while very out of trim, also some very presant weather helm, I know I should have reefed.
Old 08-11-2007
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
So you're saying this Farrier F33 can do 40 knots in 40 knots of wind??? Right...
Dude I was kidding that boat would flip over at 40 knots! I dont know of a Tri that can do 40 knots? Maybe a 200 foot tri could, boy that would be fun who has one?

I do know if you had 10 knots of wind it can do 8.8 knots! I would love to know what speeds they get in higher winds?
Old 08-11-2007
Siren 17

danjarch will become famous soon enough
I had my sailboat boat up to 75 kts, but then the trailer wheels started geting unbalanced so I dropped back to 65.
!! WARNING !! The above information is to be used by intelligent people only. If you are Stupid, could be considered a moron, or otherwise. You are instructed to disregard this information and seek the help of a licensed and bonded professional.