Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
What? Are you a polygamist? Does she have two sisters? Or are you just really, really, really happy? ( a vbg & congrats)
You are correct! I am very very very happy that they all three said yes yes yes!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2007

zumzum is on a distinguished road
Joel, nice shots. Congratulations. Did you like the bene? How long did you guys stay out?
Old 08-12-2007

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel73 View Post
Thank you Uspirate. Actually we are using this camera... it's a kinda older FUJI Finepix now. A 5MP version.
That was and still is an excellent semi-pro camera. We have a Canon G5 of similar features, and even though my new Nikon $150 point-and-shoot gets more use aboard (because I am less concerned if I drop it in the drink), I prefer the Canon for "pretty" shots taken at full RAW resolution.
Old 08-12-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations, and a nice batch of photos. I'm planning on spending some time in the bight later this year. From what I hear it's an excellent place to do so.

Currently back in New Bern, NC

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 08-12-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
ZumZum- The Bene was nice... but not as nice as i thought it might be. We had a lot of fun on it and we chartered it again for the proposal cruise but it's not really my style of boat i guess. I don't like the furling main... that's for sure! It was a 4 day class and we were underway for about 72 hours of that.

Valiente- I know exactly what you mean. We love the Fuji except for it's a little bulky. I do like that it has the 10x optical zoom... most digitals in that price range only have 3x-4x optical zooms.... no fun! Our point and shoot was great until i broke it.

PBzeer- The bight is a fantastic place to anchor and has been used as a safe haven since the early 1700's. Spanish privateers took full advantage of this area for multiple reasons. Blackbeard would most certainly have moored the Queen Anne's Revenge here at some point as well. The ocean side is usually full of nice seashells because it's not a heavily walked piece of shoreline. The fishing is good there if you know what you're doing. We kinda didn't know how to rig lines properly so we were fishing more on the bottom... hence the 8 sharks we caught!

Inside "The Bight":

Last edited by Joel73; 08-12-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Sunset proposal cruise on the Neuse River. Kinda vain of me to post these since they're not as much of sailing and more of us but i hope you guys don't mind.

Click picture for slideshow...

Old 08-12-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel73 View Post
Sunset proposal cruise on the Neuse River. Kinda vain of me to post these since they're not as much of sailing and more of us but i hope you guys don't mind.

Click picture for slideshow...

I don't mind at all, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing. Btw, a great place to "pop" the question ! Congrads.....
Old 08-12-2007
Roadkillibus Texanis

retclt will become famous soon enough retclt will become famous soon enough
I'll second on the Canon. Go RAW! Great colors that way. I also use an $89 Kodak more often in the cockpit and found it takes incredible pictures too.

In the arial pcture of Cape Lookout - that southern tip has the biggest sea shells I have ever seen. Most places they're picked over before I wake up but not there. You can fill a sack with softball size and larger shells in minutes.

Didn't read the copyright part before I made that compass picture my wall paper . . . oh well. Nice shot.

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White

Last edited by retclt; 08-12-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Correcting bad grammer. Public school education.
Old 08-12-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by retclt View Post
Didn't read the copyright part before I made that compass picture my wall paper . . . oh well. Nice shot.
I'm not worried about personal use retclt... i just don't want to see them used for commercial purposes. The versions i have posted here are only 72dpi and i have the hi-res on the hard drive... including the date and time stamps in the files. Have fun with them... i have the compass shot as my desktop right now too.

Of course i know the risk i take in posting any photo online.

Old 08-12-2007
Peace, Courtney

DJEVANS has a spectacular aura about DJEVANS has a spectacular aura about DJEVANS has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. They were very sweet. You two make a beautiful couple. I wish you much happiness--I highly recommend marriage, mine has been very happy! Thank you for sharing something so special

-Mignon McLaughlin