What is a g.r.p. hull - Page 2 - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 


Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-05-2013
SimonV's Avatar
Wish I never found SN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,996
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 9
SimonV will become famous soon enough
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

GRP stand for Gravel Rocks and Pebbles......of so I friend informs me and he should know as his boat is ferro.
Atlas likes this.
__________________
Simon
Ericson 39B.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #12  
Old 01-05-2013
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay, India
Posts: 42
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
Atlas is on a distinguished road
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

That's a good one SimonV. Any more info on the friend's boat? I'd love to have specs, photos, etc.
__________________
The only dumb question is the one that you didn't ask because you thought it would make you look dumb.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #13  
Old 01-05-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Narragansett Bay
Posts: 9,088
Thanks: 10
Thanked 142 Times in 128 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
GRP stand for Gravel Rocks and Pebbles......of so I friend informs me and he should know as his boat is ferro.
This thread resurrection sets a record. Not only did someone reopen a 5 and half year old thread, almost all the answers are exactly the same as those posted back then. Its like repetitive necrophilia.

This one is the winner as the only new info.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #14  
Old 01-05-2013
SimonV's Avatar
Wish I never found SN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,996
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 9
SimonV will become famous soon enough
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
This thread resurrection sets a record. Not only did someone reopen a 5 and half year old thread, almost all the answers are exactly the same as those posted back then. Its like repetitive necrophilia.

This one is the winner as the only new info.
What a great name for a song.

Atlas, I have no idea but it is 36' CC called Portland Lady and owned by a dry witted Kiwi who has traveled the world.
__________________
Simon
Ericson 39B.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Last edited by SimonV; 01-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #15  
Old 01-05-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,325
Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 3
Seaduction is on a distinguished road
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

Gross rating point (GRP) is a term used in advertising to measure the size of an audience reached by a specific media vehicle or schedule. It is the product of the percentage of the target audience reached by an advertisement, times the frequency they see it in a given campaign (frequency ◊ % reached).[1] For example, a television advertisement that is aired 5 times reaching 50% of the target audience each time it is aired would have a GRP of 250 (5 ◊ 50%). To achieve a common denominator and compare media, reach x frequency are expressed over time (divided by time) to determine the 'weight' of a media campaign. GRP's are used predominantly as a measure of media with high potential exposures or impressions, like Outdoor in particular, then broadcast.

GRP values are commonly used by media buyers to compare the advertising strength of various media vehicles.[2]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #16  
Old 01-05-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,325
Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 3
Seaduction is on a distinguished road
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

GRP Group
GRP Group (file name extension)
GRP Glass Reinforced Plastic
GRP Gastrin-Releasing Peptide (biology)
GRP Gross Rating Point (advertising)
GRP Global Remuneration Professional (WorldatWork certification program)
GRP Gross Rating Point (marketing, television audience)
GRP Government Railway Police (India)
GRP Gross Regional Product
GRP Grassland Reserve Program (USDA)
GRP Glucose-Regulated Protein
GRP Green Roof Professional
GRP Grand Rapids Press (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
GRP Gateway Routing Protocol
GRP Guidance Replacement Program (Minuteman III)
GRP Gentoo Reference Platform
GRP Green-Rainbow Party (Massachusetts)
GRP Gigabit Route Processor
GRP Gewex Radiation Panel
GRP Global Response Pistol (Nighthawk Custom Pistol)
GRP Good Review Practice (US FDA)
GRP Ground Rock Phosphate
GRP Gross Rent Potential
GRP Ground Reference Point
GRP Geophysical Research Program
GRP Global Relationship Partner (Qwest)
GRP Guatemala Racing Products
GRP Ozark Air Lines, Great Plains Airlines (ICAO code)
GRP Global Reference Price
GRP Grid Reference Point
GRP Groundwater Resource Protection
GRP Guidance Reference Point
GRP Greatest Response Probability
GRP Guaranteed Renewable Policy(holder) (insurance)
GRP Guaranteed Royalty Payment
GRP Guild Realm Points (gaming)
GRP Group Requirements Planning
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #17  
Old 01-05-2013
Dean101's Avatar
Life is a wild ride!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 396
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Dean101 is on a distinguished road
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaduction View Post
GRP Group
GRP Group (file name extension)
GRP Glass Reinforced Plastic
GRP Gastrin-Releasing Peptide (biology)
GRP Gross Rating Point (advertising)
GRP Global Remuneration Professional (WorldatWork certification program)
GRP Gross Rating Point (marketing, television audience)
GRP Government Railway Police (India)
GRP Gross Regional Product
GRP Grassland Reserve Program (USDA)
GRP Glucose-Regulated Protein
GRP Green Roof Professional
GRP Grand Rapids Press (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
GRP Gateway Routing Protocol
GRP Guidance Replacement Program (Minuteman III)
GRP Gentoo Reference Platform
GRP Green-Rainbow Party (Massachusetts)
GRP Gigabit Route Processor
GRP Gewex Radiation Panel
GRP Global Response Pistol (Nighthawk Custom Pistol)
GRP Good Review Practice (US FDA)
GRP Ground Rock Phosphate
GRP Gross Rent Potential
GRP Ground Reference Point
GRP Geophysical Research Program
GRP Global Relationship Partner (Qwest)
GRP Guatemala Racing Products
GRP Ozark Air Lines, Great Plains Airlines (ICAO code)
GRP Global Reference Price
GRP Grid Reference Point
GRP Groundwater Resource Protection
GRP Guidance Reference Point
GRP Greatest Response Probability
GRP Guaranteed Renewable Policy(holder) (insurance)
GRP Guaranteed Royalty Payment
GRP Guild Realm Points (gaming)
GRP Group Requirements Planning
Impressive.... Very impressive!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #18  
Old 01-05-2013
Faster's Avatar
Just another Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 14,925
Thanks: 75
Thanked 214 Times in 206 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean101 View Post
Impressive.... Very impressive!
Indeed.... a Good Review Posting....
dacap06 and Dean101 like this.
__________________
Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #19  
Old 01-05-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Milton, DE
Posts: 593
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Flybyknight is on a distinguished road
Re: What is a g.r.p. hull

A man never stands so tall as when he bends over to help another.
Dick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Tech vs traditional-Comments? Pangaea General Discussion (sailing related) 38 08-07-2007 01:07 AM
Spring Hull Cleaning Tom Wood Gear and Maintenance Articles 0 04-05-2004 08:00 PM
New Shine for an Old Hull Don Casey Gear and Maintenance Articles 0 01-08-2002 07:00 PM
Hull Speed Demystified Steve Colgate Learning to Sail Articles 0 06-10-2000 08:00 PM
Hull Speed Demystified Steve Colgate Buying a Boat Articles 0 06-10-2000 08:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012

The SailNet.com store is owned and operated by a company independent of the SailNet.com forum. You are now leaving the SailNet forum. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the SailNet forum.