Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Welcome aboard Indigo. You can contribute by telling us what kind of person would buy a Catalina? Sorry cd.

ps. almost bought a Catalina 30 but giu told me not to.

Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2007
Seen Your Mamba

AboardIndigo is on a distinguished road
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Followed by:
  • Cam - I hope to have a great many memories on Indigo. She's my first, so most of it whether good or bad is likely to be extra special.
  • Cam, Joel, PT, SD, jackyt - I don't think I'll truly feel like a member until Alex gets his mouse on one of my pictures. I'll choose very carefully before I post one of more than just Indigo.
  • TB - I welcome some idle banter as much as the technical detail. Speaking of which - has anyone looked into a muzzle for the dog?
  • CD - For some reason I think we'll agree on many things Catalina.
    Joel - I actually came close to a shoal keel O'day, but there wasn't a trailer available to go with it.
  • PD - I'm sure you're safe. My foot is more likely to be hanging out of my mouth than some nugget of wisdom.
  • DJ - Who doesn't like a corny joke or The Princess Bride? My kids haven't seen it yet and I've still watched it a few times myself. The "poison drink" scene on the hilltops is priceless.
  • Libellula - Thank you. I really think that this will be a great place to hang out, laugh, and learn.
  • denby - don't make me sick my big boater CD on you...
  • SD - I just knew this thread would become successful once you bit into it. I don't think you've ever met a thread you couldn't hi-jack. In some strange way it almost feels like it's been rubber-stamped with "APPROVED".
I've always heard that if you can't take the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen. I'm sure to get burned a few times, but otherwise the temperature here is just fine.

Now, to figure out a way to catch up with SD's post count...
Old 08-23-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
What nice words... LOL... BTW, who warned you about Giu...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-23-2007
Seen Your Mamba

AboardIndigo is on a distinguished road
LOL - I was hoping you'd appreciate the ribbing.

It was kind of hard to miss his special skills while lurking. Not only are his posts full of interesting reading material, he's got some really nice pictures of Giulietta in them as well.
Old 08-23-2007
Banned

tommyt is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard,

As you can see by your first thread, this group stays really focused.

Fine choice of boats first. last, and always. See, I already learned to suck up to CD. As to the photos, be very careful. HE WILL RETURN FROM SAILING SOON!!!!!!! Fred has a meet in a couple of weeks and ALEX will greet you with or without a picture.

There is a lot to learn here, and I think that one of those things is that nobody can type faster, or stay up longer, than SD. Good luck on passing him.
Old 08-23-2007

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Indigo your going to fit in nicely. Nobody is going to match sd's post count,
good luck trying.

Dennis

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 08-23-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
I know I'm late to the welcome wagon, but welcome aboa... oh lookie, sumpin shiny.......

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 08-24-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Warmest welcome to you.
Old 08-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You've got to forgive Paul...he's off his meds again... and they let him out of rehab way too early...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacpaul View Post
I know I'm late to the welcome wagon, but welcome aboa... oh lookie, sumpin shiny.......

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-24-2007

Pamlicotraveler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by denby View Post
Indigo your going to fit in nicely. Nobody is going to match sd's post count,
good luck trying. Dennis
If you do an LBO of the song thread you could get there after a while...