SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Best Coffee Maker (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/36429-best-coffee-maker.html)

scurvy 08-28-2007 08:39 PM

Best Coffee Maker

I have an 2 burner Origo 3000 (alcohol) stove. There is nothing better than going above deck after a good night's sleep, wiping down the cockpit seats and watching the mist lift as the sun comes up in the Harbor with a hot cup of Joe in hand!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what might be the best coffee maker out there? French presses, percolator, etc...

Currently I have a teapot that I heat the water up in and put the grounds in a strainer and pour the hot water through that...it is OK...but only that....just OK....

All suggestions welcome!

deniseO30 08-28-2007 08:54 PM

perc

is what i've been using from all the yrs of camping and canoe camping wilderness trips. But recently Based on the raves from some sailors, I bought a coffee press. Works great! However one can make it awful strong.. kinda like expresso if too much coffee is used. I actually have it at home yet and use it here. Hopefully I'll be heading to the Chesapeak bay sometime in Sept. I agree theres nothing quite so invigorating as waking up and smelling the coffee. watching the mist... the fish jump.... duck or geese (loons if you way up north)
Fair winds
Denise

Freesail99 08-28-2007 08:55 PM

First off you need one of those new mirco fiber cloths to wipe down the seats .... I just ordered a 3 cup french press this morning.

HatterasJack 08-28-2007 09:07 PM

Coffee press workes great for us. We just boil the water on our gimbled stove in a nice tea pot then store it in a caraf, other guests may want tea or coffee later on and we are ready to go!!

scurvy 08-28-2007 09:12 PM

I have our French Press here at home...looks like it may make the trip with us this weekend...;)

speciald 08-28-2007 09:14 PM

Agree with French press. We got one that is stainless steel rather than glass - won't break.

sailaway21 08-28-2007 09:15 PM

Mother Mary!
We just put this topic to bed about a week ago. It WAS discussed, at length. Please take a second a do a search, it's no further than page 3 away.

While you're looking, I'll put on a pot of joe. (g)

scurvy 08-28-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailaway21 (Post 185722)
Please take a second a do a search, it's no further than page 3 away.

No need...I got my answers! ;)

tdw 08-28-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurvy (Post 185744)
No need...I got my answers! ;)

Yep, you now know exactly how to make the perfect cup of mediocre coffee.

sailingdog 08-28-2007 11:08 PM

I prefer the Aeropress. :)