SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Kudos (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/36568-kudos.html)

sab30 09-04-2007 10:40 AM

Kudos

I just have to say that I cant imagine there being a better forum than this...in just over 2 years I have gone from taking my initial courses to chartering various boats to now about to make a purchase..all with the invaluable resourses of this web site. From the moderators to the active posters to even the occasional poster many times in life you are not thanked for the work you put into something..but I just want to remind you what well laid out, informative, site this is and how it truly benefits "new cruisers" like myself!!

Thanks again,

-sb

teshannon 09-04-2007 10:45 AM

sab30,
Couldn't agree with you more. I've found the number of people willing to take the time and trouble to help everyone to be quite amazing.

sailingdog 09-04-2007 11:15 AM

:D Always good to hear that this site is being helpful...

teshannon 09-04-2007 11:39 AM

Sailingdog,
You're right up there at the top of the list!

Joel73 09-04-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teshannon (Post 188104)
Sailingdog,
You're right up there at the top of the list!

Agreed!!!!

sailingdog 09-04-2007 12:06 PM

Why thank you... :D Always glad to help.

arbarnhart 09-04-2007 01:48 PM

This forum has definitely been the best "non local" resource I have. SD and other experts take the time to respond to answer a lot of questions and follow up patiently when the simple answer fails to penetrate my thick skull. I have only been on one other forum (the woodworking forum WoodCentral) where there is so much competence and so little ego. Very friendly place!

Cruisingdad 09-04-2007 05:58 PM

Thank you Sab30, and welcome aboard. It really has taken me a while to teach Cam and SD all they know, but I never gave up. I do hope to graduate SD to a monohull soon, but not sure he has quite mastered the art yet. We will keep trying.

- CD

uspirate 09-04-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sab30 (Post 188081)
I just have to say that I cant imagine there being a better forum than this...in just over 2 years I have gone from taking my initial courses to chartering various boats to now about to make a purchase..all with the invaluable resourses of this web site. From the moderators to the active posters to even the occasional poster many times in life you are not thanked for the work you put into something..but I just want to remind you what well laid out, informative, site this is and how it truly benefits "new cruisers" like myself!!

Thanks again,

-sb

Sailing and Humor all in the same spot...is this a great place or what??:)

sailingdog 09-04-2007 06:38 PM

CD has obviously gone off his meds again... everyone here knows that his only areas of expertise are dumping a load in his shorts or blowing up the BBQ chicken for dinner.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 188288)
Thank you Sab30, and welcome aboard. It really has taken me a while to teach Cam and SD all they know, but I never gave up. I do hope to graduate SD to a monohull soon, but not sure he has quite mastered the art yet. We will keep trying.

- CD