Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Fred is online today and tomorrow

We allowed Fred to come to Sailnet to thank you all for yous support.

He will be here for a while, so if you want to talk to him or ask questions, go ahead..remeber he is only 10 and his written English is somewhat poor.

Also he is a child, so watch what you say, please.

Thanks

Alex
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Hi Fred,
My 8-year-old daughter loves to sail, and she thinks you've got what it takes to become a world champion. She also thinks your kind of cute. Last night she said, "Dad, I think Fred is a better sailor than you." I found this very upsetting, so I want to ask you a favor.... Could you please post a video of you sailing in which you make lots of ridiculous mistakes? I feel that I need to regain the respect of my daughter, and this is the only way I can do it. Maybe you could post a video in which you reef the sails in a 2 knot wind? Perhaps you could make a video of you getting seasick at the dock? Just suggestions. Feel free to come up with creative ideas of your own. I'll be waiting!
Your friend,
Sailhog
Old 09-19-2007
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
Hi Fred, congrads on your good showing in the nationals! My 6 year old son love watching the video of you sailing your opti and the idea that kids could have their own boat and sail it themselves kinda captivated him. We ended up watching sailing videos on youtube for an hour after that, his favorites were the offshore volvo race videos. uh oh.

I'm planning on starting him next year in the opti program here. Do you have any advice about starting in optis for him?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-19-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Fred has his own thread, his sailnet name is Optimania. Go check it out...he's pretty touched by your encouragment
Old 11-08-2008

philsboat is on a distinguished road
Good luck tommorow Fred!!!
Don"t try to beat the whole fleet.Pick off the competition one boat at a time.Soon you'll be breathing on the lead boat's transom.
Happy Sailing.

Phil
Old 11-08-2008
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Don't listen to philsboat.. Get the lead at the start and make them eat your salt spray all around the course!
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 11-08-2008

have you guys noticed this thread was from last year more than a year ago???

And Fred has been here many times more??
Old 11-08-2008

lynn1120 is on a distinguished road
fair winds Fred!

I would imagine it was kind of strange suddenly being The Guy on a single man team--

when I was your age we had a comic book character caled Mighty Mouse, black tights red shirt and cape no less ( not to be confused with Mickey, the mouse who claims that says he lives in the happiest place on earth.. but what would he know he is not a sailor... ), anyway, when Mighty Mouse was faced with a challenge he would raise his fist into the air and cry "Here I come to save the day, MIGHTY MOUSE!!!!" and even tho he was not big he some how, eventually, managed to do just that, save the day

When I was your age I always found that to be encouraging, and I needed it because I was such a clumsy klutz that I even had to take ballet for two years , Things I could do easily last week, like climbtress and fences I suddenly couldn't, you see I was growing so much I almost forgot how to walk! and my arms seemed to get longer every week!, man, somedays there was not much I seemed to be able to do right.

so if you are ever having one of those days-- think of the Mighty Mouse

have fun, be observant and look for that momment when you can make a difference-- in everything you do

Fair winds-- you are the future of the sport we love!

Lynn
Old 11-08-2008

Thanks guys

But really he is ON THIS THREAD HERE ...CLICK
Old 11-08-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
"Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?" (g)