Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007
Re Member

knotaloud is on a distinguished road
We're back! At least for a minute or two

I’m guessing there’s a few members who recall my multiple personality antics from a few months ago, and they probably prefer that I just stay away, but I thought I’d make one last post before I go.

In about 4 hours I’m flying out of Seattle to San Diego to join my family on a year long cruise. Originally I hadn't planned to go with them, but my persistent little brother talked me into it. I’m pretty excited about it now and I can't wait to see everyone; I haven’t slept in three days. Once we leave California we’re heading south along the coast to Panama. On December 1st we are loading the boat on a carrier to take it to Florida, while we spend the holidays in Argentina. In January we are flying to Florida and plan to spend most of the spring down there. From there we head up the East coast with the intention of making the crossing to Spain. After which I’ll be back in Seattle next fall to start my freshman year at the University of Washington.

So there you go. That’s my life for the next 12 months. Anyway….thanks for all the laughs and I apologize for being such an annoying troll. Take care.

AJ

Last edited by knotaloud; 09-24-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2007

rewell6 is on a distinguished road
Good Luck.

Let us know how you are doing from time to time. and just be honest.

See ya
Old 09-24-2007

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
We remember the good and the bad. You answered a lot of questions about growing up on a boat and helped a lot of people with planning for their kids. And yeah, you weren't quite done being a kid. Facing up to it says a lot, though.

Do continue to post and let us know how it is going.
Old 09-24-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
On December 1st we are loading the boat on a carrier to take it to Florida

????? A 50 ft. Bavaria on a carrier?
Old 09-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Could be done on a Dockwise transport ship. That's a carrier that can easily handle a boat that size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
On December 1st we are loading the boat on a carrier to take it to Florida

????? A 50 ft. Bavaria on a carrier?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-24-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
No Dockwise pickups in Panama Dog. I guess it could be some other carrier...I thought he was referring to overland but based on past experience with trolls....color me skeptical. I'll settle for pictures of a 50' Bavaria on the ship.
Old 09-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
No Dockwise pickups in Panama Dog. I guess it could be some other carrier...I thought he was referring to overland but based on past experience with trolls....color me skeptical. I'll settle for pictures of a 50' Bavaria on the ship.
Very true... but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-24-2007

thedudeistoocool is on a distinguished road
My question is the cost of sailing the boat to Florida from Panama vs. shipping the boat to Panama via some mammoth transport ship. Even hiring captain and crew would make more sense to me

Or leave the boat in Panama for the holidays and then sail from Panama to Florida after the holidays

I don't know maybe it's just me !

Have a good trip none the less
Old 05-07-2008
Re Member

knotaloud is on a distinguished road
Waz Up!? It's been months and months since I last checked in, so I thought I'd say hi. I'm sitting in a place called the Pier Head Gallery in Exmouth, (Devon, Uk) It's a little cafe/art gallery with Internet access. We docked here last night and plan to stay a few days and do some minor repairs. We spent two weeks in Dublin prior to this. We left the US about two months ago, (we took 36 days to make the crossing). The weather is exactly like Seattle, it's 60 degrees and raining. From here I'm headed back to Spain, but we're in no hurry, and plan to spend the next couple of months sailing down and around to Barcelona, where I get off. I should be back in the States by the end of July. I can't wait for school to start (I'll be freshman at the UW). My parents and brother plan to stay in Europe for the winter and then head south next spring, but who knows. The sailing has been unbelievable, and the boat has performed flawlessly. Our only mishap was in Savannah Georgia a couple of months ago when some dipshiat powerboater rammed us at the fuel dock. We survived, but it set us back a week. But it was worth it, if you've never been to Savannah you really need to go. It's a great city.

One more thing, Giulietta, I'll be coming down your coast next month, maybe we should hook up and swap some stories (or some lies). No really, I'm serious, I'd imagine our families have a few things in common. If you're up for it send me a PM.

I guess that's all I got for now.
Old 05-07-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
I wasent even a member back when all you talk about happened but Glad to read your post...Not many can say they have done what you have...Good bragging rights for a Freshman...Congratulations on just plain getting accepted to the UW...Good Luck with the Portuguese...