Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007

retomas is on a distinguished road
JAXASHBY - Do you know this Babbling Fool?

Inquired about my boat for sale...over and over...trying to convince me no one can sell a boat.

Last edited by retomas; 03-24-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: More appropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
He sounds like at troll... If he can find so many good deals on exceptional bluewater pocket cruisers...why is he not buying one of them.... he's obviously got another agenda someplace. If he's serious about wanting to buy your boat, tell him to put up or shut up... ask him what his offer is, if you're serious about selling.

IMHO, if you're not serious about selling... then you've pretty much brought it on yourself by offering a boat for sale, that you're really not interested in selling and pretty much deserve the troll.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-27-2007

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
The guy has a valid point although it could have been phrased a little more concisely and alot more politely. All to often, sellers have an overly optomistic perspective of what their boat is worth or are just trolling the market.
how many offers have you had?
Old 09-27-2007

retomas is on a distinguished road
Jaxashby

Let's face it. I have a boat survey and insured for $50,000. He offers me 5k. If that is serious, it is not serious on this planet. And, if I did not wish to sell, why would I be posting? Of course, I wish to sell....and I am understanding...but so many wanna-be sailors are such losers, with weak incomes, and dreams. If I go out and spend 200k on a sailboat, I do it because I understand the economics of such a decision...I don't go making up bs about market conditions, and squeeze the seller because I have the skill to fabricate some doomsday scenario. Screw it...if I need to sell my beloved and could not get the price, I will donate the boat to someone in my family or trade it in for a fairly reasonable deal. I would never sell to one of these boatyard vagabonds...there are plenty of old leaky, musty, neglected, bombs sitting in boat yards that will take three years to re-fit available to buyers. I have $14k of new boat yard refit work in my boat. It is worthy of an intelligent buyer. Anyway, this Jaxashby is a retard.
Old 09-27-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
His verbage sounds suspiciously reminiscent of a troll that has recently appeared here under various noms de guerre.

This is where the value of a broker becomes apparent.
Old 09-27-2007

jldooley is on a distinguished road
this post reminds me of a saying
''never argue with a fool, people will confuse the two'
Old 09-27-2007
Caribbean Surveyor

canadianseamonkey is on a distinguished road
Have you met the guy? If not, it may be an e-mail type fraud.
Old 09-27-2007
Seńor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
retomas,

I like to believe that most here have chosen to be sailors due to having a relatively high intelligence level. The transparency of this weasel's ignorant ploy was detected by you, just as it would have been by us.

Regardless, thanks for the heads-up on Jaxashby and for sharing your experiences with this guy.
Old 09-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
My favorite version of that saying is:

Never argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with his vast experience there.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

tamas52 is on a distinguished road
retomas you are the fool nobody else..

your "market analysis" about the sail boat business, is not only ignorant , but very much incorrect.Baby boomers, and all ... your intention to sound "so much with it" is transparent , like a used car salesmen try to get a deal..Sail boat business is live and just fine .. people do love to sail , and what ever duck pond you buy your imaginary boats... you are just nasty ..dripping from ego..
why don't ya buy all that 'great boat you listing for 4 k or so

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.