Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Boat Show Meet-ups?

As there seemed to be a lot of interest in the Annapolis Boat Show meet-up, perhaps some people would be interested in getting the ball rolling for other upcoming Shows? Maybe Sailnet could get involved in a co-ordinating way?

For myself, I know I would be more interested in the Shows if I knew there would be a meet-up. What do you folks think?

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2007
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
careful, John - you're probably about to be "volun-told" to become the default coordinator for these things.
Old 10-05-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Nope, not enough local knowledge ..... at least at this point. Maybe in 5 or 6 years I'll have been to enough places, enough times to know stuff, but not yet.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 10-05-2007

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
I will be there saturday all day. My daughter works the Voyage Yachts booth, if you don't see me in the crowd (that's honest to god me in the pic) stop by the booth and ask for Meredith, she'll call me on her cell.
Figure I'll be in the tents looking for goodies and ideas, or the multihull section explaining why my Gemini is better than these RV's.
Chuckles
Old 10-05-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Chuckles...and all along I was wondering where you got the Dr. Phil avatar!! (g)
Old 10-05-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
The reality is, doing show get togethers, roundesvouss etc are not hard to setup via forums like this.

Make a forum for get togethers, folks from a given area usually are the ones that cordinate the where, when etc. So if a seattle get together in Jan at the boat show is a good thing to do, I would nominate tenuki, to set up etc!

On rvnet, there are roundezvous of land yacht folks on a monthly basis. Threads going about different ones for upwards of yr for those in a particular area. They get stuck at the top of the thread no more than 90 days before, and with in a week of the roundezvous, the thread is unstuck, and usually goes away, because the new thread fo the next yr meeting is already going!

Otherwise, its really not too hard to do.

Marty
Old 10-05-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

Didn't think it would be hard Marty, just seems an overlooked thing.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 10-05-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
John,

You are right, it is an overlooked thing. On rvnet it just needed a demand, and voila, it happened for get togethers and its own forum area. there is usually a Seattle get together from a former email list from here, then to sailjazz, then on our own server when the latter started charging for the email list. That group now has its own website with 4 dates a yr get togethers. When I had an rv, I went to some of the NW roundezvous.

This is a thing that sail net could exploite a bit more. Stickers, mini flags etc could be sent to the organizer from sail net to use a advertising on boats. Similar to lats and atts meetings. There was one of those in puget sound last august, with large banners given to folks that were there etc.

It just takes a local or two to organize, folks start posting, look at another area having fun, then it snowballs!

Marty
Old 10-05-2007

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
When Dr. Phil wear's a gold anchor ear ring, I'll start watching his show (well, not really).
God, now I know what to say when someone ask me which celebrity I look most like (skinnier thank god).
Cam, you just absolutely ruined my whole ego/self image thing..
Old 10-05-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Now that he has mentioned it I do see a strong resemblance there Chuckles...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.