Saint Thomas questions - Ferry & Hotel - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-08-2007 Thread Starter

Saint Thomas questions - Ferry & Hotel

I just gave up here at work and booked a flight to as close to the BVI as I could get (man, Australia is a looong and expensive way from anywhere!). The flights through San Juan to the BVI were not only booked out but quite expensive, but I managed to get a good scheduling to STT (Saint Thomas). I went ahead and booked & reserved everything and only noticed that my 4pm arrival coincides with the 4pm last ferry departure for the BVI

Has anyone any recommendations for a way to get the couple of miles to the BVI on the same day? Perhaps knowing someone who might race across the channel?

Failing that, or perhaps in addition to that, could anyone recommend a non-dive but not too expensive hotel for one night close to the Ferries?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-08-2007

Stay at the Emerald BEach Resort.

I know the manager and can probably get you a better rate.

Its by the airport, in Lybdbergh bay.

If you need pm me
post #3 of 7 Old 11-08-2007

Go to traveltalkonline dot com. Lots of info on the ilons.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-08-2007
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Stay at the Emerald BEach Resort.

I know the manager and can probably get you a better rate.

Its by the airport, in Lybdbergh bay.

If you need pm me
- and if that damned Frenchman is still anchored in Lindbergh, urinating off the bow of the boat every morning, throw a rock at him for me, will ya?

"... the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze." - Richard Bode, First you have to row a little boat (pg. 94)
post #5 of 7 Old 11-08-2007 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice.

Im' arriving on Monday so the only 17:30 ferry is from Red Hook (Need to look that up on google maps). I think it might be best to go via ferry since I do need to clear out of the USA and into the BVI. Luckily, if I like St. Thomas I can head back on my boat since this time I'm armed with a US Visa - the US visa waiver program only applies entering the country by commercial vessel.

post #6 of 7 Old 11-08-2007
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Im' arriving on Monday so the only 17:30 ferry is from Red Hook (Need to look that up on google maps). I think it might be best to go via ferry since I do need to clear out of the USA and into the BVI. Luckily, if I like St. Thomas I can head back on my boat since this time I'm armed with a US Visa - the US visa waiver program only applies entering the country by commercial vessel.

Cheers mate. Sorry to see you go before we managed to get in a sail. Take care. When do you fly out ?

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #7 of 7 Old 11-08-2007 Thread Starter

I'm flying out on Sunday but will come back to Oz after Christmas - just in time to see the famous fireworks around the harbour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.