SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Swap meet thread (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/38508-swap-meet-thread.html)

BlowinSouth 11-14-2007 10:20 PM

Swap meet thread

It would be nice to have swap meet thread (or maybe there is/was but I can't find it) where we can post stuff we have but no longer use or want to sell or trade. Or for stuff we need.

I'll start.

Anybody have any east coast charts? I need them all from Miami to Maine, I'll even take outdated charts. I'll buy them and pay shipping.

SEMIJim 11-14-2007 10:34 PM

Um, aren't outdated charts generally considered a Bad Idea?

Jim

camaraderie 11-14-2007 10:46 PM

Lets keep this thread to FREE or SWAP or WANTED only. No prices. Use the classified section for stuff you want to sell. It is free. If you want something and are willing to pay...others can PM you.

EDIT...When you trade something...go back and edit your post so it no longer shows as available!

sailaway21 11-14-2007 10:51 PM

Jim,
Yes they are because a new edition is only issued when the number of corrections to the old is deemed to be of excessive practicability. Once a new edition is issued the corrections issued in the Notice to Mariners apply only to it; it's assumed you have the latest addition.

BlowinSouth 11-14-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEMIJim (Post 222977)
Um, aren't outdated charts generally considered a Bad Idea?

Jim

Okay then instead of throwing them away, send them to me. Outdated charts are vastly better than no chart at all. :D

BlowinSouth 11-14-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaraderie (Post 222988)
Lets keep this thread to FREE or SWAP or WANTED only. No prices. Use the classified section for stuff you want to sell. It is free. If you want something and are willing to pay...others can PM you.

Ah! Classifieds! Brilliant idea! Didn't know there was a classified section.:eek:

SEMIJim 11-15-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlowinSouth (Post 223013)
Okay then instead of throwing them away, send them to me. Outdated charts are vastly better than no chart at all. :D

You may revise that opinion if you run hard aground on a hazard those out-of-date charts you got for cheap didn't show you ;).

There's a reason they update 'em.

Jim

sailortjk1 11-15-2007 08:39 AM

Not everybody uses outdated charts for navigation.
I like to simply hang them on the wall.
Than they are no longer charts, but now they are art.

I would like to find some old Chicago Harbor charts from around 1900.
Anybody?

USCGRET1990 11-15-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailortjk1 (Post 223114)
Not everybody uses outdated charts for navigation.
I like to simply hang them on the wall.
Than they are no longer charts, but now they are art.

Yea, I used to burn the dges of mind and get them dirty and wrinkled to make them look olde...then hang them up...

deniseO30 11-15-2007 10:31 AM

LOL 2 non self tailing Barient 22s for 2 new lewmar 40sts? LOL