Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Daniel -

Thanks for the offer, but I've decided the cost of delivery would be prohibitive, particularly when there are literally hundreds of the type I'm looking at right here on the Chesapeake.

Tom

Commodore, OPBYC
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2007

FLSailer33 is on a distinguished road
understand Tom,..Here is a link to my boat that is For Sale there on the Chesapeake, (Cape Dory 28) since you are in the market for one up that way.
Ive lowered the price to $13,500 firm. Pics are at the photobucket site located there. Go to CapeDory.org, then click on Buy / sell. You should be able to see my listing titled Baltimore,..fresh upgrades. Thanks
Old 11-27-2007

tigerregis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
$300 per diem works out to $12.50/ hr. How many of you would be responsible for 100 large and someone else's property AND pay for Liability Insurance and work for this pittance?
Old 11-27-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerregis View Post
$300 per diem works out to $12.50/ hr. How many of you would be responsible for 100 large and someone else's property AND pay for Liability Insurance and work for this pittance?
So you think he is going to sail straight thru on watch 24hrs. a day for 10 days, even while in port?
Old 11-27-2007

tigerregis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
He is responsible 24/7 for everything and anything. How much is parking your car in a major metropolis; how much do baby sitters charge these days?
Old 11-27-2007
Senior Moment

Slooptattoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
What a rip off...$300 a day?????????????????????

Wow...here we pay $100 a day, and does not include food for the Captain, meaning you don't have to feed the bastard....you do pay transport land or air to and from port to port.

I bet you, if you fly one of my friends there, he will ferry the boat for you for peanuts..

In fact, you might even get someone that goes along just for the ride..what a rip off..

Giu, let me pose one scenario for you. You need your boat in the Canaries and can't make the delivery. Suppose your insurance company requires a licensed captain to be aboard for the delivery. How expensive is $300 per day when it your "baby"? The captain who quoted the delivery fee was VERY reasonable. He has logged over 500,000 ofshore miles, can your say that you have that much water under your keel? I'm a retired captain, only 200 ton Master, but large enough to do what I enjoyed, give the professionals their due and pay them what they are worth. Or, let one of your friends do an open ocean delivery for you, have an incident and have no insurance company to back you up. The insurance companies want professionals aboard, but then again, it's your choice. Just a little food for thought to chew on while you are flying.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing-
half so much worth doing
as simply messing about in boats."
The Wind in the Willows
Old 11-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slooptattoo View Post
Giu, let me pose one scenario for you. You need your boat in the Canaries and can't make the delivery. Suppose your insurance company requires a licensed captain to be aboard for the delivery. How expensive is $300 per day when it your "baby"? The captain who quoted the delivery fee was VERY reasonable. He has logged over 500,000 ofshore miles, can your say that you have that much water under your keel? I'm a retired captain, only 200 ton Master, but large enough to do what I enjoyed, give the professionals their due and pay them what they are worth. Or, let one of your friends do an open ocean delivery for you, have an incident and have no insurance company to back you up. The insurance companies want professionals aboard, but then again, it's your choice. Just a little food for thought to chew on while you are flying.
Sloop,

here the boat is insured, regardless of who is sailing it. However (a big however) by law (strongly enforced) you can't sail the boat without a licence for the type of travel you're doing. So if the boat is going to the Canaries, the Captain has to have a hi-seas licence certificate, meaning he had to go to sailboat school for 6 months and sit all the Navy required exams, done by the navy. So the insurance company insures the boat, no matter how, and they are pretty good here. If something happens and the captain does not have appropriat licence, he gets fined by the Navy and the insurance company still pays, because the boat is insured. Our insurances are different from yours.

Now, the people I know that do that type of ferry work are guys that sail in the Transpac racing circus, 2 of them have crossed the Atlantic at least 4 times, one is now returning from Macau in a bene he bought last year, and one of them is no othr than the ferry captain for Shipman.

Here, any of them, all as you see very capable, only charge 100 euros a day, and you don't have to buy their food.

I trust my boat to any one of them any time...still $300 a day...rip off....