Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Boat Delivery Costs

Anyone have a ballpark estimate for delivering a 30' from FL to Annapolis?

Commodore, OPBYC
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2007
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
By captain & Crew?
By Truck?
UPS?
Plane?
Not to be a smart@$$, but are you looking for options or have you settled on a means and are asking about an estimate?
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Old 11-20-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm talking about delivery by captain & crew. I already have an estimate on truck delivery, just wondering what the delta is.

Commodore, OPBYC
Old 11-20-2007
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteele65 View Post
just wondering what the delta is.
That's the really big sandy place we park our boats on an outgoing tide .....

LOL. I'm interested in hearing what answer you get on that (the original) question!; as I might be in the same spot in a bit.
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Old 11-20-2007

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Here's a quote I got a couple years ago for going the other way. The 'people' costs didn't really bother me on this and another one I got, but the Food $ quote I got from someone in the Northeast was so absurd I couldn't help laughing at the guy over the phone. I ended up shipping the c320 to Annapolis by truck and my wife and I did the daytime motorsails to bring the NC to RI.

To: rich@sailyard.com
Cc: scott@sailyard.com
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:22 AM

Hi Rich,
This is to provide you with a written confirmation of the verbal quote I gave you a few minutes ago. This estimate is for the delivery of a Catalina 320 from Wickford, RI to Annapolis, MD and the return delivery of a Nauticat 33 from Annapolis, MD to Wickford, RI. Departure from Wickford would be on September 8, 2005. Estimated expenses are outlined below:

EXPENSE DESCRIPTION $ AMOUNT
Captain's fee ($300/day x 10 days) $ 3,000
Round trip airfare FL to Providence, RI 400
ESTIMATED TOTAL $ 3,400

Since the owner will be on board, this estimate assumes he will cover the costs of fuel, provisions and ground transportation. So those expenses are excluded from the estimate. The estimate assumes 3-4 days each way plus two days transportation to and from RI.

As always, we do require a 50% deposit ($ 1,700) in order to secure dates on Mats delivery calendar. Once we receive the deposit check, those dates are reserved for you. The final invoice will reflect only the actual time and expenses necessary to complete the delivery. Please refer the owner to the web site below regarding that policy if he has any questions. Feel free to call either my home or cell phone if you have any questions.

My thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl Danielson
H 561-750-7750
F 561-750-7751
C 561-706-7755
cheryl@danielsons.com
www.yacht-deliveries.com
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI
Old 11-20-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Time frame is a consideration as well. Going north this time of year isn't pleasent. Harder, from what I've experienced, gettng ouside and making good time as well. Also, you should mention if you need it there by a date certain.

Currently at 30 31 57 N 81 27 37 W, just north of the St Johns River Inlet

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
What a rip off...$300 a day?????????????????????

Wow...here we pay $100 a day, and does not include food for the Captain, meaning you don't have to feed the bastard....you do pay transport land or air to and from port to port.

I bet you, if you fly one of my friends there, he will ferry the boat for you for peanuts..

In fact, you might even get someone that goes along just for the ride..what a rip off..
Old 11-20-2007
Living & Cruising on Dana

Robby Barlow is on a distinguished road
There were 2 professional woman looking for a job in the crew wanted section, maybe they'd be interested.
Old 11-24-2007

FLSailer33 is on a distinguished road
delivery Costs

hey there Steele,
i tried to place this in a PM, but administrator rules,..etc.

I read your thread,..and got to wondering about a few things.
I own a nice 28' Cape Dory in Baltimore harbour, a short distance from Anapolis., and Id like to get my boat down to where I am in SW Florida. YOU, on the other hand have a similar size boat here,(FL) wishing it was up there !
I have my boat listed for speculative sale. If it sells fine,..if not,..Ill sail her this summer with a For Sale sign on her. We both know that transporting boats by way of water or land is,..expensive !!
Just throwing some things out here,..ok ?
(1) You / I might be interested in trading boats with some money going one way or the other? depending on values.
(2) Land based Boat transporters DO NOT like to deadhead on the hwy. We might could get a VERY favorable rate if we worked together,..and had someone take yours up, and back haul mine down ! Or vice / versa,..whereever they are based out of. We'd split the bill equally.
(3) (the less favored to me) I in past years I have conducted lots of boat / yacht deliveries.(by water) I might be able to work out a take your boat up, and bring mine down scenerio. I hold a US 100 Ton capt. license, with international creditionals. It is going to start getting COLD !!

Any thoughts on your end ?
Capt. Daniel
Old 11-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Steele-

FLSailor has some good ideas, particularly about the one where working together you might get a much better price from a trucking company. The equipment to handle a CD28 is probably about what they'd use for your 30' boat.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.