SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Flipper is on...

5K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Just turned on the tube and found Flipper on channel 49! This is an Old Milwaukee moment for me... Just doesn't get any better than this. Twelve hours into Thanksgiving vacation, packing up to sail to Beaufort with the family in the morning, and now Flipper is on TV...

#3 ·
I remember Flipper very very well..

we also had a series called Skippy the Bush Cangaroo, did you guys have that in the US??

I also liked The Ropers, Mr. Ed, and Archie Bunker...those were great shows..

those shows beat my miles the present sorry un-funny sad depressive lack of intelect allways the same crap shows like Krammer, Friends, Raymond...and such....

#19 ·
........those shows beat my miles the present sorry un-funny sad depressive lack of intelect allways the same crap shows like Krammer, Friends, Raymond...and such....
SO TRUE. I hate seinfeld myself.

When i was a kid i loved Flipper... and THE LONE RANGER!!!!

#4 ·
Skipper!!!! I think. Yes, I loved that show. How about Daktari? It took place in the african bush? Started my love affair wiht land rovers ......

#5 ·
Alex,
This is the best of the best... Here's the story... Dad can't read the charts and is lost on his boat by himself, while mom is marooned on an island is the Carib with her two teenage daughters. Mom wears Capri pants, turtleneck and Gilligan boat shoes. Flipper and his buddy stuff the crab pots to keep the girls fed. The boy wears a yellow rubber mask, and dives for 20-30 minutes at a time, grabbing onto Flipper's dorsal fin...

#31 ·
I'd be better off counting on getting my old watch back for Christmas. As you know, it's anywhere from 6-12 feet under your anchorage on Skull Creek. So how were the winds on the way down? Looked like it would've been favorable at the beginning, and not so favorable towrad the end. Glad to hear you made it safely.

#29 ·
tj - yep, I'm in Jax till Friday. Meeting some folks for Thanksgiving dinner. It better be good too, 'cause it was one long slog to get here from the ocean. With any luck, Christmas will be in the Bahamas, but at least the Keys.

Currently at 30 19 14 N 81 39 40 W, Jacksonville, FL

#30 ·
Enjoy your Holidays.
I won't be down there for Thansgiving, but might be for X-Mas.
Christmas in the Bahamas sounds like a good time.
(We were just there on a Royal Caribbean Cruise; Loved it!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.