Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007
Old Salt

saltydog75 is on a distinguished road
"It is better to have loved & lost than to never have loved at all"
The same is true with sailing & for me--cruising is the ultimate! (Even better than racing.) Boatyards can be like graveyards--where dreams & memories remain unfulfilled. For those who yearn or hope to cast off the line for a distant shore--too many find some reason--or excuse--to remain on land.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2007

codmander is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog75 View Post
"It is better to have loved & lost than to never have loved at all"
The same is true with sailing & for me--cruising is the ultimate! (Even better than racing.) Boatyards can be like graveyards--where dreams & memories remain unfulfilled. For those who yearn or hope to cast off the line for a distant shore--too many find some reason--or excuse--to remain on land.
No doubt well said Personally I have waited long enough within the next year I will be moving and buying a sailboat we allready know this my wife Barbra is excited to move and cruise also.. Things are just hard to sell right now like boats and homes even if they are great deals like a
federal permitted ((grandfathered))hiliner fishing boat
Old 11-25-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Ohhh this thread is sooo romantic...I am in love.....

One day I will also sail into the sunset....ahhh the smell of the sea, the sound of the waves...the birds.....ahhhh

You guys are very romantic...I am in love with you guys....

Ahhhh slowly sailing into the sunset at 2 knots, listening to MAdonna and drinking Margaritas...

Living on a boat...not shaving for 3 weeks, smell like s**t...ahhh you have it made....I envey you....winers....
Old 11-25-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
The other day I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who called 'out-of-the-blue' to see if I were still around. We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together. I couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that "old magic".
"Wow!" I was flabbergasted.
"I don't know if I could keep pace with you now", I said, "I'm a bit older and a bit grayer than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have."
She just giggled and said she was sure I would "rise to the challenge."
"Yeah." I said. "Just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my total lack of muscle tone...everything is sagging, my teeth are a bit yellowed and I am developing wrinkles like a old dog!"
She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.
She teased me saying that tubby gray haired older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover. Anyway, she giggled, "I've put on a few pounds myself!"

So I told her to f**k off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 11-26-2007

CaptKermie is on a distinguished road
It took me 28 years to realize my dream. I took on an obligatory job that took longer than expected to complete and decided I should recover equal enjoyment relatve to the work I put out. So I took a month long (weekends only) sailing instruction course through the YMCA on a 26' Thunderbird. Throughout my time on the water I promised myself one day I would own a sailboat that size and today I do. I didn't dream big just dreamed within reach, now I sail the Pacific Northwest and look back to that inspiration on a Thunderbird as the best money I spent in my life.
Old 11-26-2007

deepblueme is on a distinguished road
One mans dream could be anothers nightmare.... And that nightmare could be my dream.

(think sharks comming at you from all directions)
Old 11-26-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Ohhh this thread is sooo romantic...I am in love.....

One day I will also sail into the sunset....ahhh the smell of the sea, the sound of the waves...the birds.....ahhhh

You guys are very romantic...I am in love with you guys....

Ahhhh slowly sailing into the sunset at 2 knots, listening to MAdonna and drinking Margaritas...

Living on a boat...not shaving for 3 weeks, smell like s**t...ahhh you have it made....I envey you....winers....
...a bit sarcastic these days are we..?!.....you must be in the US again...
Old 11-26-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
USCG—

Think further north...he said he was drinking Molson, not Michelob... and DHS wouldn't let him back in...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-26-2007
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
Saltydog - Interesting statement, "Boatyards can be graveyards"... Must be one of those "glass half-full or half-empty" things, eh? Have to admit, it must depend on my mood, because I've seen a boatyard littered with boats and thought both things...

"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Old 11-26-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
I dream of owning one of these.........

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/bo...47ltg_over.asp

Check out the specification page.
They only burn 106 Gallons per Hour at 90MPH.
Now that is dreaming!!!

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/bo...7LTG_specs.asp

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White