Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
The trouble for asking someone for their opinion

is that they will give it to you.
I teach at a college and am required - for my sins - to mark students' written reports.
One of the most common mistakes that the students make is that they don't deliver what they promise.
In your outline you told me that global warming is bad and that sailing is a good way to deal with the issue of global warming.
I wanted to read about how that would be possible. What would the impact of global warming on sailing and visa versa.
What I got instead was a how-to sail lesson.
Will sailing be better or worse because of climate change?
Will the winds be stronger?
Will the higher water levels increase my sailing options?
Will new destinations open up to me as a result of the higher temperatures, reduced ice caps etc.?
Wll there be more hurricanes? Cyclones? Earthquakes (tsunamis)?
I can read about how to sail in tons of existing books and publications. How is your report going to be better or more informative than them?
Anyhow, seeing as you asked, that is my opinion, humble as it is.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
An older gentleman was admitted to a local Rhode Island hospital with severe lacerations to certain parts of his anatomy. He would not elaborate on the cause of the lacerations, but the hospital staff has been referring the the patient as "stumpy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
I got horny looking at the can's orifice and attached pop tab, just above those three seductive words. If you squint your eyes tight enough, and use some imagination . . . well, you know what I'm saying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-26-2007
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwelshman View Post
is that they will give it to you.
I teach at a college and am required - for my sins - to mark students' written reports.
One of the most common mistakes that the students make is that they don't deliver what they promise.
In your outline you told me that global warming is bad and that sailing is a good way to deal with the issue of global warming.
I wanted to read about how that would be possible. What would the impact of global warming on sailing and visa versa.
What I got instead was a how-to sail lesson.
Will sailing be better or worse because of climate change?
Will the winds be stronger?
Will the higher water levels increase my sailing options?
Will new destinations open up to me as a result of the higher temperatures, reduced ice caps etc.?
Wll there be more hurricanes? Cyclones? Earthquakes (tsunamis)?
I can read about how to sail in tons of existing books and publications. How is your report going to be better or more informative than them?
Anyhow, seeing as you asked, that is my opinion, humble as it is.
I plan on big destruction so that everyone will have to learn to sail because of the increase in water level.