I'd rather be sailing
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The state of s/v/ Pelican
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Decided not to buy the Hallberg-Rassy 53
Well, we finally made the decision today not to buy the HR53. It's been REALLY REALLY tough, but today we formally let the broker know that it's not going to happen. I've been pretty booked all day so my wife called him. He was not happy at all, and I feel for him. The HR53 was an incredible boat, and if it's still for sale in a year we'll probably look at it again. The long and the short of it is that we decided that we don't want a full extra year of boat payments. We originally planned on buying a boat for our trip in the Winter of 2008/2009. Buying it now would put the financial burden on us a year early, and the burden is pretty enormous, but planned for. We're going to leave our Passport 40, "Pelican", up "For Sale by Owner". If we can sell it, that might accelerate the process of buying a new to us boat. Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed not to be buying the HR53, but I think it's a good decision overall.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me