Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
This Touches Us All... Stop Child Labour

This Touches Each And Everyone Of Us.....
Please watch to the end.

You Can Make A Difference!!!!

Please Help Stop Child Labour

Last edited by Giulietta; 12-12-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Very true!

marty
Old 12-12-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Darn!
I got tired just watching that. Good thing you had some kids along for the heavy labour.(g)
Old 12-12-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
well at least his taste in music is improving.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 12-12-2007

tommie is on a distinguished road
Great video,I am a new come'r here,,but I am amazed that none of the children are wearing any safety vests,,no matter how calm the sea is, or how experienced the skipper is,,there is always the danger there.
Old 12-12-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Well done Giu... very well done...

I noticed you cut the shot of the knot meter very short...so we can't see that the kids are actually getting more speed out of the boat than you do... since we know they are better at trimming the sails than you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-12-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
As for safety gear... I don't see that as a problem. The kids in the video are all accomplished sailors as I understand it, the conditions are relatively mild—about 12 knots or so with relatively flat seas...and the boat is a 42' LOA by 14' Beam boat... The kids, if they're anything like Fred, one of the two in the video, have been sailing since they were four or so, and are more than comfortable on a boat.

I'm sure that they have all the gear necessary, if the conditions were to worsen and require it... and there are at least two very competent sailors aboard during that video. BTW, if you've watched any of his other videos, you'll see that the kids are wearing safety gear when appropriate. I seriously doubt that Giu is going to risk his wife's wrath and put either his kids or nephews or their friends at risk.

As a newcomer, it may be relatively easy to jump all over a very accomplished skipper, who shares his love for sailing with the kids in his life...but I really don't recommend it. Gui is far more responsible than that... if the kids were less experienced, or the conditions worse, I'm sure that Gui would have those kids suiting up in PFDs or PFDs, harnesses and tethers, as needed. As it is, those kids may have more time aboard a sailboat than many of the adults here on sailnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie View Post
Great video,I am a new come'r here,,but I am amazed that none of the children are wearing any safety vests,,no matter how calm the sea is, or how experienced the skipper is,,there is always the danger there.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-12-2007

Rockter will become famous soon enough
Boycott Portuguese goods or something.
Old 12-12-2007

markdigi is on a distinguished road
Excellent video Alex. Good choice of music too. I was going to show it to my 7 yr old but then I'd have to explain what a "bastard" is.

The message was also well recieved.
Old 12-12-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
While we all are guilty of showing anyone who will look pictures or snapshots of our children, Alex shamelessly tries to hide that fact with a sailing video !!!!! You have to take your hat off to the guy. If U tube was only around when my kids were small .....