Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Clowns... all of you!!!!!

Cam... i took that pic before shaking out the reef. Reef early, remember? I like the way she sails with a single reef in... i feel more in control, less weather helm, etc. We did let out full sails after we got out there for a bit.

Sailortjk1... cables were connected correctly thank you very much! Oh... and you may think i suck but who was sailing while you were posting that message? Oh... i think it was me!!!

PBzeer... sounds like you are making good progress and still enjoying the journey. One day that will be Jayme and I.

Teshannon... trust me, i hated taking the sails off at the end of the day. I was stripping her for the winter... no sails, cushions, etc. It was no fun at all. Atleast i got lucky with the weather and had another chance to take her out.

HOG!!!.... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I was wondering why we were "leaning" so much. Now i know just to get rid of those pesky sails so the leaning won't happen as much. Gosh... i feel like such a HEEL for not knowing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackytdunaway View Post
How sweat. Through all this warm weather i have had to work or there was no wind. It truly does suck.
I was watching the weather and i told work to go F themselves, that i was going sailing. Good thing i had some comp time built up from working my butt off over this fall... otherwise they may have been mad that i split for the coast.

Old 12-14-2007
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
Why take the sails off. i leave mne on year round. there will be some Jan. days worth sailing in.
Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

My best man Ken... he doesn't sail much so this was a lot of heel for him. I had him trimming the sails.

At the Towndock... stopping for coffee:

On the Neuse River:

Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackytdunaway View Post
Why take the sails off. i leave mne on year round. there will be some Jan. days worth sailing in.
I could probably take her out a couple more times with decent weather but given the wedding planning chaos that i'm in the middle of i decided that when i do get back to check on her that it will be project time rather than sailing time. I'd like to have the new bilge installed before the begining of next season. So... i thought i'd just give the sails a nice cozy resting place, all flaked and lying on my bed at the coast.

Old 12-14-2007
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
I love how you make your crew wear those dorky orange lifejackets and reserve the cool inflatable pdf for yourself.

Old 12-14-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Bastard...

Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenuki View Post
I love how you make your crew wear those dorky orange lifejackets and reserve the cool inflatable pdf for yourself.
Hahahaha... Only one of my crew has the orange one. I'm behind the camera in that shot. We've only got two of the Sospenders so somebody always gets to dress like a "pumpkin"... I gave him the choice but he decided to wear that style so he "didn't have to worry about it" if it didn't inflate... smart guy... (see lifejacket thread)

Last edited by Joel73; 12-14-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Bastard...
Wouldn't that be "Bastardo" in Portuguese???

btw- nice snowthing... i mean snowman! lol. Have you been hanging out with your polar bear twin brother??? Looks like it from all that snow in your picture! How's he been doing?

Last edited by Joel73; 12-14-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Hey bastardo, that's not heeling...

This is heeling... you reefer panzi