SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yesterday...

4K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  sailaway21 
#1 ·
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe
In yesterday...

The weather was perfect... bizarre warm weather in December. It was 80 degrees and the winds were 10-15 kts. Last sail of the year.

Click for video....

See less See more
#4 ·
Glad ya enjoyed it. I'm currently bouncing down the Keys to Boot Harbor. 15-20, just off the nose enough to use the main ..... reefed. Staying inside the reef where the waves are a lot less.

#6 ·
Joel,
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but there's something seriously wrong with your boat. I can see in the video that the sails are up, and this is causing it to "lean" over. In sailing we call this "leaning." Anyway, when the wind is blowing you need to get the sails down to keep it from leaning. Just turn the motor on and get to where you're going.

#7 ·
Joel,
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but there's something seriously wrong with your boat. I can see in the video that the sails are up, and this is causing it to "lean" over. In sailing we call this "leaning." Anyway, when the wind is blowing you need to get the sails down to keep it from leaning. Just turn the motor on and get to where you're going.
And don't forget to hook up the battery cables!
HA! (God I hope he has a sense of humor; O' I forgot, iTs the Hog were talking about. Never mind, no problem.)

#12 ·
I was watching the weather and i told work to go F themselves, that i was going sailing. :D Good thing i had some comp time built up from working my butt off over this fall... otherwise they may have been mad that i split for the coast. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
:rolleyes: Clowns... all of you!!!!!

Cam... i took that pic before shaking out the reef. Reef early, remember? :D I like the way she sails with a single reef in... i feel more in control, less weather helm, etc. We did let out full sails after we got out there for a bit.

Sailortjk1... cables were connected correctly thank you very much! :D Oh... and you may think i suck but who was sailing while you were posting that message? Oh... i think it was me!!! :p :p :p

PBzeer... sounds like you are making good progress and still enjoying the journey. One day that will be Jayme and I. :)

Teshannon... trust me, i hated taking the sails off at the end of the day. I was stripping her for the winter... no sails, cushions, etc. It was no fun at all. Atleast i got lucky with the weather and had another chance to take her out. :)

HOG!!!.... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I was wondering why we were "leaning" so much. Now i know just to get rid of those pesky sails so the leaning won't happen as much. Gosh... i feel like such a HEEL for not knowing that. :eek: ;) :p :D :rolleyes:

#15 ·
I could probably take her out a couple more times with decent weather but given the wedding planning chaos that i'm in the middle of i decided that when i do get back to check on her that it will be project time rather than sailing time. I'd like to have the new bilge installed before the begining of next season. So... i thought i'd just give the sails a nice cozy resting place, all flaked and lying on my bed at the coast. :D

#18 · (Edited)
Hahahaha... Only one of my crew has the orange one. I'm behind the camera in that shot. We've only got two of the Sospenders so somebody always gets to dress like a "pumpkin"... I gave him the choice but he decided to wear that style so he "didn't have to worry about it" if it didn't inflate... smart guy... (see lifejacket thread) :D :D

#19 · (Edited)
Bastard...
Wouldn't that be "Bastardo" in Portuguese??? :p :p :p

btw- nice snowthing... i mean snowman! lol. Have you been hanging out with your polar bear twin brother??? Looks like it from all that snow in your picture! How's he been doing?

#21 ·
Hey bastardo, that's not heeling...

This is heeling...:D :D :D you reefer panzi
You better be carefull or you may fall out that way!!! Just ask Hog... he told me how to fix this... you just take the sails down and no more heeling problems!!!! Amazing huh? :D

Oh... one more thing... i helped you out with your snowman. Check him out now.... Your snowbuddy has a pipe and you're calling ME the reefer panzi???? :p :D :D

#34 ·
Giu,
Do you always carry Aunt Mathilda to starboard?

btw,
What happened? I thought you had T34C all set up with her. Is he going to take delivery at StrictlySail Chicago this year? Are you going to be there for the delivery? You'll have to trans-ship her from NY/Balto/NOLA as no heavy lift ship will be able to enter the Great Lakes by then. And you'll need a valid CDL, an over-sized load permit for each state transitted, and not be able to travel in other than daylight for the transhipment. Have you planned for all this?

And what are you going to do for rail-meat once T34C takes delivery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.