Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Take me sailing near Annapolis pleeeeeeease!

OK... we're going stir crazy. It's only been since October 22nd that we haven't been able to sail, but it's driving us insane. We were watching "Ocean Wanderer" on TV last night and it was horrible. My 11 year old son was yelling "Turn it off! Turn it off! I can't take it any longer!" while watching them sail, rails down, into the Red Sea.

Anyway, we're going to make a trip down to Annapolis in a few weeks - exact date TBD, and perhaps based on our patron saint's schedule (our Patron Saint being whomever we get to volunteer). Is there anyone out there around the Annapolis area that would be willing to take a family of four out for a day trip? I know it will be cold, but we can deal if you can! I'll gladly take you out to Cantler's or Joss Cafe for dinner, or perhaps Buddy's for Sunday Brunch? Or perhaps we can show you around Lake Champlain some next season?

Please help us! (Family of four is myself, wife, 11 year old son and 7 year old daughter - we have a decent amount of experience in coastal sailing)

Alternatively to Annapolis, if anyone can take us out someplace warm where we don't have ridiculous pricing for airfare...

Help! Thanks
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
If all else fails, try here:
http://www.southriverboatrentals.com/rates/
Old 12-17-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sounds like Labatt is suffering from a serious case of the sailing withdrawal deetees... I think we all should help him out and force him to quit cold turkey...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-17-2007

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
We all feel your pain!
Old 12-17-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Labatt,

I'd have happily indulged your family, but alas, you are one week too late (see my avatar).

If there's a good warming trend we'll recommission in mid-March. So if you can make it that long without a fix, give me a hail.
Old 12-17-2007

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Weather forecast dependent (I don't like below 50):

PM me early in the week you think you'll be down for the weekend. I'm in the water, just need to replace antifreeze to get underway - and that's with a quick connect so no big deal. Head's closed, no water on board.

Of course, that'd be on a catamarn, but it's sailing - and with the cockpit enclosure not so cold .
Old 12-17-2007

NauticalFishwife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
Catch me in the spring! Just when I thought I knew every restaurant in Annapolis...where is Joss Cafe? You might try Annapolis Bay Charters and see if they have anything for a weekend. Ask for winter rates! Scott should be able to help you out with something!
Old 12-17-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Joss Cafe is on main. It's, by far, the best Japanese restaurant in Annapolis with incredibly unique creations I've never seen anywhere outside of places like Seattle.

Chuckles - Cat, huh? Sounds intriguing actually. We've never sailed a Cat and have been wondering what being on one is like as we move closer picking our next boat.

SD - You can just bite my boney...
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 12-17-2007

Mike244 is on a distinguished road
labatt,

I'm game if it's at least upper 30s to mid 40s. I keep my boat on the Severn about an hour or so up the river from Annapolis. I have a bunch of Christmas lights still on her from the Parade of lights that need to be removed. She's a 1965 Pearson Vanguard fresh off a 2 year refit. With the Doger up the cold wind isn't too bad.

PM me if you guys are interested.

Mike

Mike
Old 12-17-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Labatt—

I'm trying to arrange a sailing intervention for you... it's really for your own good.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.