SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Goodbye for a while

5K views 47 replies 41 participants last post by  Fstbttms 
#1 ·
Everyone,

It appears I will be gone from Sailnet for a while. As many of you have noticed, I have been absent as of late - but I am afraid that will continue for a while yet.

I cannot go into all the details, but will give some here. It has recently come to my attention that a partner of mine has broken his fiduciary responsibilities and acted in a fashion (on many different matters) that he should not have. After carefully considering my options, I have decided to leave that company and branch out on my own. It is with considerable regret as it has set off my cruising and set me back personally (quite a considerable sum of money). It has also been very painful as I trusted him - which it appears I should not have. Until some of the legalities are settled, this is all I feel comfortable saying, so we will leave it at that.

In the end, with my new business venture, I must focus a considerable amount of my time outside of Sailnet. I will pop in from time to time and say hello. It appears I will retain my moderator status and will help out as I can. I hope to be back spending more time here in the not too distant future, but in the meantime, I would like to wish each and everyone one of you the ABSOLUTE best. I have met some great friends here and have met many of you through this outlet that I would not have otherwise.

Thank you for understanding. Take care of yourselves and your family - in the end, that is all that really matters.

Your friend,

- Brian

See less See more
#4 ·
Best wishes, fair winds, be well.

#10 ·
Good luck CD... and take care... we'll see you soon.

#12 ·
CD,
I've experienced some unexpected winds lately as well which have really blown me off course, so - will need to focus more intensely on some issues which have not been planned for.

The outlook I always take is to find the advantages of these misfortunes - they are there if you look hard enough - then benefit by channeling all available energy and resourses to that new course. I sense you have taken similar measures and wish you all the best with your mission.

#14 ·
CD - You'll come out on top! And you'll be back soon enough. I hope you continue writing those great cruising stories for magazines, too.

Your situation (which we can all find ourselves in often enough to one degree or another) reminds me of a great saying, one that I believe someone on this forum has or had as part of their signature:

THE PESSIMIST CURSES THE WIND,
THE OPTIMIST HOPES THAT IT WILL CHANGE,
THE REALIST ADJUSTS HIS SAILS...

My apologies to the originator, as I have more than likely butchered it. CD, as a sailor I've always figured you as the realist. I would imagine you are the same way in all other aspects of your life. I hope your current life sail adjustments get you to your destination quickly.

#15 · (Edited)
CD,
set me loose on the bastar*, willya? I'm bored and haven't taken a chunk out of anyones azz in awhile.

take care, return to us safe and sound.

#17 ·
As many have said, it is usually perceived misfortune that redirects us in life. Nothing else appears strong enough to do it, only to find that through it all we emerge in a better place, all the while making us stronger for having gone through it.

You had helped me many times we answers to probably alot of "stupid questions" never making me feel stupid. For that I thank you and look forward to your return to the site

#18 ·
CD, sorry to hear the news but like TB says... there's good to be found in the bad. Hang in there, best wishes for a prosperous new year and good luck with the new venture.

oh... one more thing... can i use your grill while you're away? :D :D :D

#22 ·
C/D, Ive been there, you basically described some of what I went through last year. I understand and wish you luck. Take care of yourself and rememeber, you are your greatest asset. They say you go through, SARA: Shock, Anger, Resentment, and Acceptance. I did. I wish you luck in the future. Drop me an e-mail if you need to vent or bounce something off a neutral observer.

#23 ·
CD,
For what it's worth, I've been through similar partnership woes in the recent past. But when one door shuts, another opens. I appreciate everything you've done for 'our' site and wish you much luck in your new endeavor and a pox on your old partner!

#25 ·
Best of luck, CD, you've endured a lot of undeserved woes in the recent past.
Hope your family is well recovered, and of course that you come out of this latest challenge better than ever.

Cheers
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.