Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDistantStar View Post
T34C,
I just got back from my boat. It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. Had a buddy dive and clean the prop then took Lola out for a little ride.
I don't want to sugar coat this too much, but you suck.
Even if my boat were in the water, I'd still get a concusion trying to dive on it.
Old 01-21-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Good Old Boat is a fabulous magazine but damn I wish they did an online edition. I neither need nor want the paper version, my bathroom already has enough reading material to last a lifetime as it is. They also have a rather neat CD version of some of their back issues but again, it would be so much more convenient to be able to download.

If the poptarts at Latts and Atts can do it, surely anyone can.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDistantStar View Post
Where in SC are you? Im in Charleston. I spent my day on the boat, not sailing, but down below with the heater going.
i'm in georgetown..my baby is up on the lower chesapeake..a mere 8 hrs away..
i am hoping i can beg my way on this hinckley living here..she needs some tlc, but, she is soooo purty..
need crew?..and i stick around to do boat stuff (spouse doesn't understand the "boat piddling" concept), but i try to 'splain it to her..(she's new to boating)..me..uhm 48+years here...

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Old 01-21-2008
purveyor of mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
I don't want to sugar coat this too much, but you suck.
Even if my boat were in the water, I'd still get a concusion trying to dive on it.
lemme line up behind T34...big ones..you suck big ones..
did ya think to invite any of us out with you..hmmm
the unmitigated temerity of some people never ceases to amaze me...

Sam
Old 01-21-2008
purveyor of mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
I am confused, what should i do if I am a moronic idiot?, Left, right, or just stand here
i think applying my "i'm lost and don't know where i am theory"..
remember you may be lost, but you're making great time..
or..wherever you are standing,well..there you are...like gerry rafferty sang.."stuck in the middle with you"
i'm happy to admit i waffle between both extremes..

Sam
Old 01-21-2008
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
Well depending on the weather next week i may take Lola out for the first real sail. I've had Lola a couple of months now and haven't taken her out sailing yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1972 Pearson 36 S.V. Distant Star
Old 01-21-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Fluffy,
This may come as a shock to you, but all that paper in your bathroom isn't "reading material". It's been placed there by Mrs Wombat for other purposes. You can fit an issue or two of GOB in there, use the existing paper for it's intended purpose, and simultaneously cut down on the number of shampooings your fluffy little tail requires. Be advised the rolled "reading material" does not come with directions you might wish to consult a zoologist on the matter. Didn't you notice you were reading the same story over and over again? Sort of like one of my finer posts on socialized medicine? (g)
Old 01-21-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Fluffy - when I spoke with the GOB folks at Annapolis, an online edition was one of the things we talked about, and it is something they are considering.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 01-21-2008
purveyor of mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Basically, Karen's article said something to the effect that when driving, anyone going slower than you is a moron—for not knowing how to drive properly, and anyone going faster than you is an idiot—for taking such risks. And applied the same philosophy to sailing/boating—where the people with the spinnaker up in 25 knots of wind were the idiots, the guys triple reefed in 25 knots of wind were the morons...
funny how different things are gleaned from the same article...
i was reminded of every letter to the editor of sail/sailing/cruisig world etc., or ranting here about "this guy on the cover wasn't wearing a PFD..that's so irresponsible and promotes unsafe sailing practices..what's wrong w/ you guys anyway?"
read enough letters to the editors, or enough posts and i think you get my drift..

Sam
Old 01-21-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
Fluffy,
This may come as a shock to you, but all that paper in your bathroom isn't "reading material". It's been placed there by Mrs Wombat for other purposes. You can fit an issue or two of GOB in there, use the existing paper for it's intended purpose, and simultaneously cut down on the number of shampooings your fluffy little tail requires. Be advised the rolled "reading material" does not come with directions you might wish to consult a zoologist on the matter. Didn't you notice you were reading the same story over and over again? Sort of like one of my finer posts on socialized medicine? (g)
Well I did discard the white stuff but I just thought the printing was a bit small for my tired old eyes. On the other hand Latts and Atts had a most unwelcome effect on the haemorroids. I also found that any Rupert Murdoch publication is most efficacious in matters of constipation.

PB - Thanks for that. I hope they do it, I'd definitely subscribe.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.