Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
idots to the left, morons to the right..

yesterday was a beautiful day for sailing here in sunny SC, granted it was in the 40's, but steady 8-10 knot breeze, and i really wanted to go out. i did the next best thing and rode the bike instead. i rode up to my "big box bookstore" and over a hot cup o' joe, read the latest issue of Good Old Boat.
there was an article by Karen Larsen, that is entertaining and quite frankly reminded me a lot of SailNet (SA too).
if you have a chance, check it out.
i love anything that brings perspective into the mix.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2008

RickLaPaz is on a distinguished road
Any chance you could save us $6.95 and just post an excerpt? Of wth you're talking about?

Thanx in advance,

We the people..................
Old 01-21-2008
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
Where in SC are you? Im in Charleston. I spent my day on the boat, not sailing, but down below with the heater going.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1972 Pearson 36 S.V. Distant Star
Old 01-21-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
On a slight tangent, I got to meet and spend some time talking with both Karen and Jerry from GOB when I was at the Annapolis Boat Show. They are sincerely nice people, and you can't help but feel that GOB is a labor of love after talking to them.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 01-21-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Basically, Karen's article said something to the effect that when driving, anyone going slower than you is a moron—for not knowing how to drive properly, and anyone going faster than you is an idiot—for taking such risks. And applied the same philosophy to sailing/boating—where the people with the spinnaker up in 25 knots of wind were the idiots, the guys triple reefed in 25 knots of wind were the morons...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-21-2008
Semper Gumby

GySgt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GySgt
I am confused, what should i do if I am a moronic idiot?, Left, right, or just stand here
Old 01-21-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Gysgt-

To the people on your left, you're a moron, but they're idiots... to the people on your right, you're an idiot, but they're morons, so what does it really matter.

Personally, I'd say you qualify as both.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-21-2008

RAGTIMEDON is on a distinguished road
Having met those same sincere people I subscribe to the magazine and sit on my boat reading it over a cup'o joe. Try it! you may like it! and it costs a lot less on an annual basis..............
Old 01-21-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDistantStar View Post
Where in SC are you? Im in Charleston. I spent my day on the boat, not sailing, but down below with the heater going.
If you guys keep talking about spending the day on the boat, I may cry!! Just to put it into perspective for those of you that were watching the Packers v. Giants game last night... My boat is sitting on the hard 1 hr and 15 min. driving time NORTH of Green Bay!!!
Old 01-21-2008
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
T34C,
I just got back from my boat. It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. Had a buddy dive and clean the prop then took Lola out for a little ride.

1972 Pearson 36 S.V. Distant Star