Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2002

pj is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

I''m posting this in hopes of keeping someone else from having problems. I ordered a set of Jeantex foul weather gear from OHS Marketing at the end of Jan. I have yet to recieve anything from OHS. Last week they posted another charge to my credit card that I did not autherize. I have been calling them all along with no luck. I noticed Boat US lists Jeantex in the line up. When I called Boat US they said none in stock and they where having problems getting Jeantex. I dug a little deeper a got to Boat US purchasing department and it sounds like they are also having problems with OHS. Jeantex is Great foul weather gear, to bad OHS is handling it so poorly. Has anyone else had problems? By the way Boat US was very helpful.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2002

akaboats is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

I bought a flece jacket at the Oakland boatshow in April and I have not recieved it yet either. I have attempted to contact OSH Marketing repeatably at 888-400-3477 and even though I leave messages I get no response from them. They say they are in Las Vegas but I can not find an internet yellow pages listing for them.

I would suggest that if somebody wants to take your money and send you the merchandise because they cant stock it all at the show. You tell them to pack sand. Show me the product and I''ll show you the money.

Does anybody have anysuggestions how to proceed?

~akaboats
Old 05-30-2002

sailor_83 is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

Know what. I bought a set of foulies from the same vendor about three years ago. It took me almost a year to get them. One excuse after another. Finally I had an attorney write them a nice letter requesting my gear or my money, and a copy of the letter was sent to Sail Expo to make certain they were aware of my complaint. I got my gear, but it was too much trouble. I''m with you on no gear no buy. I carry out what I purchase from the boat show now.
Old 05-30-2002

sailor_83 is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

Hey see my recent reply about OSH. They are in Long Beach CA not Vegas. If you want to contact them, it''s a home phone number. I would contact the Fraud division of Californai consumer affairs.
Old 05-31-2002

colehankins is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

If you ordered the gear over the internet call the FBI they are the ones to call for internet fraud.
Old 06-04-2002

Chris Simpson is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

OHS Marketing is the US distributor for Jeantex. They are having obvious problems importing enough product, for whatever reason, and are screwing up big time. It''s not just us it''s Boat US etc. They told them they have a good product but to come back when they get there S*^t together. They were short shipping them too. I know because I had the same problem at the ST Pete show. They charged my card but never sent the gear. I went to Jeantex''s web page and emailed them with my complaint after months of not getting a reply from OHS. I offered to be a distributor for them since they were, and still are, so poorly represented. Well low and behold I got my gear and a call from a now ex-employee and he offered me a job to rep for them here in Fl. I met with them at the Oakland show and they all seemed nice enough but it just didn''t work out. I accepted a job that wouldn''t allow me the freedom to sell the gear. Anyway, the best solution would be to email Jeantex directly and complain. FYI, if they charged your credit card before shipping, which they did to me, that is against the law.

It is good gear it''s just ashame they are being so badly represented here in the states.
Old 06-05-2002

hamiam is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

Don''t mean to be rude here, guys, but I would wait about 2 weeks. If the items did not show I would both cancel my order and challenge the charge with my credit card company.
Old 08-20-2002

jdo is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

I''ve tried to deal with OHS (Nick Barran, nickbarran@earthlink.net, (818)416-2427) but the product has been discontinued in many cases and the prices have increased dramatically. T3000 appears to be an excellent material, but getting product is a major pain.
Old 08-23-2002

Randy07050 is on a distinguished road
Jeantex/OHS Marketing

I''ve been looking to get a new jacket for a while. I''ve got a buddy who''s VERY hapy with his Jeantex jacket. I saw this thread and was cautions...

I ordered the jacket (on sale) yesterday, spoke to Nick (across the country from me), it was in stock, he shipped it yesterday and I have it today. It seems like a great jacket.

He told me that due to his great difficulty in getting the stuff from overseas he''s reluctantly discontinuing his handling of Jeantex. But I plan on buying pants before he sells them all.