Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2002

KPBaker is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

I just returned yesterday from a successful and very enjoyable trip cruising aboard my 26 foot Classic Yacht in the Florida Keys, and Bimini Islands. Before leaving, I had been contemplating purchasing a larger sail boat. Jeff, John,and others gave me some very good advice on things to look for and consider.However,none of them mentioned "the Bust factor".When cruising in the Keys, and the Bahamas, I noticed that on almost every power yacht above 45 feet had a topless woman riding on the bow.I didn''t see any sailboats with this arrangement.At sea, you contemplate many things, and this was one that I thought on for awhile until I caught a nice dolphin that demanded my attention. Some of the items debated between myself (the sailor) and my alter-ego (potential power boater)were1) Are the looks and bust size of a woman aboard a boat, somehow proportional to the size of boat she is on?(2) Do women enjoy the speed and feel of the big twin cats underneath them rumbling, more than the serenity of the wind and peaceful movement of a sailboat through the water?(3)As a man, would I be better off chartering a large power boat for a few years rather than buying a bigger sailboat, so as to challenge my theory, and also buy myself some time to get older so that the "the Bust factor" isn''t an issue when trying to make a rational decision on upgrading to a different boat.I could pretend that I''m rich while my beautiful buxom lady could pretend that she was with me because she liked who I am, rather than the fact that I''m rich.I''ve heard this referred to in business as a "win-win" situation.(4) "The Bust factor had never occured to me before. When sailing my boat in a lake in Upstate SC it''s just not an issue to be given any thought. Not that the women of SC couldn''t make it one should they so desire!, but it just isn''t done. I always have considered myself a sailor from the time I was a young boy sailing toy boats in the local creek,then as a man sailing in Greece,and now.On the other hand, I can also remember as a child snatching the breast away quickly whenever we had chicken.While cruising,I found myself on board using my new Nikon binnoculars to not only see the busts better, but also calculate the range and magnetic bearing to them.I''m totally confused....I just hope they don''t start going topless canoeing!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2002
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
Size Does Matter

Did these women have fat ass sterns?
Old 05-06-2002

DuaneIsing is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

Why wouldn''t topless canoeing be good? At least we could catch them in our sailboats.
Old 05-07-2002

Don Foley is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

It''s not the size of the boat, it''s the size of the wallet that bought the boat.

Old 05-07-2002

halyardz is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

I think Jimmy Buffett addressed a similar issue in a song that featured the line "a smart woman in a real short skirt." Then too such manner of bowsprit decor has been in maritime fashion for years. Be ye cautious as many of those busty types have lead men to the rocks.
Old 05-08-2002

bporter is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

I''d be inclined to think that a women that becomes a bow ornament (albeit an attractive one) because of the size of your wallet my not be that fund to have around in the long haul. The boat''s expensive enough to keep.

Sounds better to me to spend you time looking at ornamentation someone else has paid for, and find someone that knows how to sail with you.
Old 05-08-2002

sailor582002 is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

I agree with Don. Not to say that sailors are a poor lot, but seems to be more $1M+ poweryachts out there than $1M+ sailboats. So I would imagine, having seen these young buxom beauties on large power yachts skippered with some old crusty fellow and few seen on sailboats of any discription that the attraction would be directly proportiate to the size of the wallet. As for long term crewmates, isn''t immediate gratification and powerboats synomous? Granted, there''s something to be said for that, get there in a hurry, pick up another one in the next port. Come to think of it, don''t sailors tend to keep their boats several years while powerboaters get a different one every couple years? <G> Could be same with their ladies.
Old 05-11-2002

mariasail is on a distinguished road
Size Does Matter

Saw a naked man standing on the spreaders once. To my way of thinking to much windige and nothing much to hang a sail on. Not worth the trouble.