Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Originally Posted by Giulietta
This thread is for us to write what things would you change in your boat, and why...
Leave it to Giulietta to come up with a great thread!
Things I would have like to have been different from the builder:
- the holding tank under the V berth, moved aft below a cockpit locker, do I need to say why?
- improved access to the engine, especially the port side. the body contortions needed to access some things are not pretty...or comfortable.
- currently the interior teak is oiled, it should have been varnished from the start IMO, MOLD?
- deeper seating in the salon
- a better protected shaft and prop, especially sailing in crab pot infested waters
I haven't done a major modifications to the boat, I'm still trying to keep up with regular maintenance
, but I will be installing Nicro Vents & a hydraulic back-stay adjuster this spring. Love the roller furler, new head sail, and davits.
I intend to this season:
- move the batteries to the centerline
- add a windlass
- install rope clutches
Shawn & the crew of S/V Windgeist
1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by T37Chef; 02-01-2008 at 11:33 AM.