Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008

jimmyb116 is on a distinguished road
SailNet Kids

My little girl 6 almost 7 would like to meet other sailing kids her age. Best if they sail in the same area as she dose Vancouver island BC Canada, but all over the world would be fun. She unfortunatly dosent have to many frends that boat or sail and mom and dad are only fun for so long.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Jimmy

I may have the right thing for you...

Its a young man I know, he posts here as OPTIMANIA. I know him I assure you.
He is 10 years old, and sails a little.

I will make sure he gets your message next week and says something to your daughter..if he says he can sail, its not true!!

Check him here:

Finals

Fred

Number 88

more here
Old 02-01-2008
Optimist,a small big boat

OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb116 View Post
My little girl 6 almost 7 would like to meet other sailing kids her age. Best if they sail in the same area as she dose Vancouver island BC Canada, but all over the world would be fun. She unfortunatly dosent have to many frends that boat or sail and mom and dad are only fun for so long.
hi my name is fred and I am 10 years old whats your name? this is me

and this is my brother Luis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OPTIMANIA; 02-01-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2008

http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/...ry.php/cat/590 Carrie would love to talk to you she will post something when she gets home from school i cant figure out how to add a picture so here is a link to our photo gallery.
Old 02-01-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Giu,

Post the video of Fred sailing your boat at 15kn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 02-01-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
moving thread

I am going to move this out of Off Topic and into the General Forum where I feel it belongs.

- CD

PS My kids sail in the N Texas area. 4 & 7. Both boys.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-01-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Jimmy

have a look here...you might want to call the girls to see it...(safe for kids have my word).

Fred 88

Fred sailing Giulietta

More on that

Dennis is this the one you were talking?

Old 02-01-2008

Great videos I can’t believe how good Fred is at 10years old. My daughter starts Opti sailing at the yacht club this spring. She was old enough last year but only weigh 40lbs.
She isn’t so sure about the whole idea that it can flip over she is use to keel boats (SJ24, Santana 3030, the smallest is Star Boats with my brother).
Old 02-01-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Giu,

Thats a very good one, not the one I was thinking of. I will have time to look for it and let you know. Very good links you put up. Thanks, I never get tired watching them.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 02-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb116 View Post
Great videos I canít believe how good Fred is at 10years old. My daughter starts Opti sailing at the yacht club this spring. She was old enough last year but only weigh 40lbs.
She isnít so sure about the whole idea that it can flip over she is use to keel boats (SJ24, Santana 3030, the smallest is Star Boats with my brother).
You know something...because I see him everyday, I don't see his evolution, like start and finish....

I feel he evolves, but I don't see it, like when the kids grow you know they grow but you will one day and look and say..wow....how big they are...know what I mean??

One day I saw him sail, and I admit he has better technique than i ever did...I just hope he keeps doing it, with love and feel...I'd hate to see him quit, but he decides...so far the future looks bright...he loves going to the club...they also polay a lot there, and that helps, the palying, relaxed atmosphere..besides, its a great character builder, sailing that is..

Remeber he sails every single saturday and sunday, and I take him with me all the time...when I am not working I am at home all day and we sail everyday, after school...he just gets more exposure to sailing, that's all.

Sailing has helped him in school too.

Thanks for your comments.

Alex