Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008

kmclarke is on a distinguished road
Safe boat storage in Puerto Rico

Hello All,
I am currently at Little Farmers Cay ,in the Bahamas. We are going to have to turn around and head back North to the states to store our boat for the summer.........Unless there is a safe place to store her on the hard somewhere down here. I know of some places in the BvI But was hoping for somewhere in PR I would like a yard that puts the boat in a hole and cradle type of securing system. Does anyone have any experience or know of such a yard?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2008

gtod25 is on a distinguished road
Puerto Del Rey Marina.....

http://travelandsports.com/puerd922.htm

Their site seems to be under construction.

Not my favorite marina in the world but they have storage on concrete slabs with tie down points. The marina is big and somewhat impersonal. Check that they will allow you to bring in workers of anything happens to your boat.

You obviously don't want to push on to Trinidad? That would be my option even if you had to hire extra crew. No hurricanes and the saving in storage fees would take some of the sting out of the crew costs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-01-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
KM...I don't know of anywhere safe in PR to store your boat. Salinas has good hurricane holes if you are aboard...but I wouldn't suggest anything on the East Coast other than perhaps PDR as Gtod suggests. I think several members have engaged "pit storage" in the BVI's and believe VirginGorda offers that.
EDIT...yeah they do...$18/ft. per month for a pit!! http://www.igy-virgingorda.com/services/boatyard-rates/
Old 02-04-2008

dnrdennehy is on a distinguished road
Kevin - spoke with Gary and High 5 and they think you should head south with us and catch up with them. Then we can all head south and east together. Sound like wise counsel to me. See ya Soon!

Denny