Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Neighbour from Hell, last episode.

Well, the saga continues...

As I was promised, and promised you folks...this is what I found today when I arrived at my boat..

The now known as "construction site Hanse", or rather "destruction site Hanse", is well advanced in its weight loss program.

The boat is now so unbalanced that the stern is now higher than the bow, and the rudder starts to show unsubmerged.

Gets better..today he bought a 120 Euro harness and was cutting it...I couldn't figure out what he was doing...then I saw this...

He had cut a denim jacket and used the straps of the harness to embelish what seemed to be decor on his pushpit.

He stapeled the cut straps to the denim jacket that is now attached to the pushpit, in what seems to be and easy rider look boat...

Bellow is the back of the denims, stitched with fishing line to the pushpit. The red edges, is none other than a 120 Euro ($180 US) top of the line harness. (which when butchered was dumped in the garbage..yes true.

whem I asked why, he didn't say a word I could understand. But said tomorrow the other side will be decored with another harness he ordered but in yellow... next photo, the "unfinished" easy rider denim pushpit.

But it gets better...see the video bellow for the "sound" of grinding coming from his boat....scary stuff huh??? this is in case someone here doesn't believ me..

He then proceeded in removing the wheel, that was dumped in the garbage, yes...garbage...a new Lewmar wheel, gone...he said he was going to cut the pedestal and install a Playstation joystick like airbus planes have...he will use a grinder for that, as I was told.

The blue cloth you see in the next photo is what used to be the sails bag, and is now stiched and nailed to the hullwith screws. Yes. He also removed all the name tags on the boat, but did not cover the holes either.

The nice teak seat behind the wheel is also gone and thrown away.

Now the funny part..he removed the main sail and rolled it in the front, yes in the front, because he saw my racing genoa like that, and said it gave it some character.

Now the best..he glued this DVD/TV set with Sicaflex, to the floor outside, so he can see TV once he sets sail, and also to connect the playstation so he can steer the boat...this DVD thing is by Apple or Sony or whatever...at least 350 Euros...

OK

Now the good news...

He anounced he was going to cut the mast of in a week.

I am moving finally to another location tomorrow morning, as no one cares or does anything to stop this madness...

I saty out, have enough crap in my life, so I move away.

The yards refuse to take the boat for repair, the dad doesn't care, and the marina is tied with legality.

I was advised to move as so did the other boats...the mast is coming down..when it does, the boat is derelict and then will be removed.

SAFE FOR ME!!!

Crazy huh???

in case you missed the first episodes...

You can see the "Evolution of the thing here"

CLICK FOR EPISODE 1 (December 2007)

CLICK FOR EPISODE 2 (January 2008)

Ain' that crazy??

Last edited by Giulietta; 02-07-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Forgot to tell you..

my boat keeper is watching him all the time, and sits in my boat all day for the last 2 weeks while I was away.

A few weeks ago, he took the shore power line, and disconnected the wires inside the plug.

The guy believes his boat is connected, but it's not...the circuit breakers are all off, and he gets power from another line in shore for his power tools.

He said he was going to buy a water maker and a generator, because the trip to America would take at least 3 days and he needs to read books at night...

whatever that means...

I am really glad to move tomorrow, believe me...
Old 02-07-2008

markpillow is on a distinguished road
help thy neighbor

get your self a drill and a snorkel and help him on his way. who's gonna believe he didn't do it.
Old 02-07-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Hey G- Does he take orders for those pushpit, denim, easyrider things..... I want to get CD- one for his birthday.
Old 02-07-2008

JeffZissou is on a distinguished road
The mast coming down was "the straw that broke the camels back"....or should I say "the mast that will leave Giulietta's boat with a crack". Glad to see you finally getting away from this kid...
Old 02-07-2008
Mostly Harmless

ReverendMike will become famous soon enough
OH! MY! GAWD!

(of course, the fact that you are taking pictures and filming him won't make him convinced that the voices in his head are correct.... Glad you're getting away from that!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"... the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze." - Richard Bode, First you have to row a little boat (pg. 94)
Old 02-07-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
I'm speechless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-07-2008

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
The English language phrase is "passing the buck": no one wants the headache of taking responsibility for this deluded man until he does something so catastrophic that he can be carted away.

Where is the father? Is he so rich that having an expensive boat sawn up by his mental-case son means nothing to him?

Anyone "sawing" down a tensioned mast is liable to get a very ugly surprise. If he is knocked into the water with a running power tool, he will very likely die, assuming of course that he isn't killed when the mast falls on him first.

Given the amount of concern shown for this poor bastard so far, perhaps that is the most satsifactory outcome. Freedom and responsibility are joined, but this man's freedom to hack his father's boat to pieces is irresponsible to the rights of others to enjoy their property without worrying about getting smashed by a mast or electrocuted by his "creative" wiring projects.

I am exceedingly pleased to hear you are moving your boat. The last thing you need to worry about now is this madman creating a zone of chaos around his boat. I'm sorry he's mad, but he brought it on himself, and appears to have no relationship with the only people entitled to put a stop to his madness (or at least to confine it).
Old 02-07-2008
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
He said he was going to buy a water maker and a generator, because the trip to America would take at least 3 days...
LMAO, you should tell him you just came from the U.S. last week and it only took 12 hours
I'm glad you're moving.

Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 02-07-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
I don't think he needs the Keel either... Giu, tell him he should cut it away too. That way it will be easier to make the playstation modification...

That's a damn shame... looked like it was a really nice boat at some point in the recent past.