Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
My morning sail to the 12 mile marker

hey guys...to forget the bad stuff I endured last weekend, i took it out on the sea today.

I arrived at the marina, the boat was clean, the lazy bag installed all systems go...just start the engine, and go...really. Senhor Josť my boat keeper and the wonderfull staff at Tuttamania make my life so much easy..obrigado pessoal!

I took Giulietta to the 12 mile marker, and back again, took us just under 3 hours, and was a good way to forget bad stuff. Steady 16 knot southeast wind, and no sea..

We were going fast at some point..in second 42 (or abouts) you can see a boat in the bow, at minute 1:21, look how close we got in 30 seconds!! cool

By the way, in minute 1:16, Josť is sending his hello and regards to Valiente and TommyT...delivered!!!

I appologise the video is really bad, as this is not my laptop, and needs some adjusting. I also don't have many edit tools and music or mic to talk to..sorry..its what I could get to send you. By the way, TJ, I called you after i shot this. I could not edit the sound..I will try to make a better one tonight if I can..sorry again.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2008
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
looks great,I'm guessing about 11+ knots. i'm envious as i wont be able to get to my boat for at least another week during the marina move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 02-07-2008
1997 Dehler 33

max-on will become famous soon enough
Alex, thanks, I needed that - a sailing video pick-me-up, as I have been in the office all day playing with paper.
Old 02-07-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Alex, see post here from this morning from the AFOC thread..

Quote:
What a bunch of CRAP!
My phone rings this morning and its an international number being shown on my caller ID. Some foreiner is on the other end and he immediatley starts to shout "Do you hear that? Do you hear that?" I can hear the sound of water so I say to this guy, "It sounds like you are in the shower."
"No, here I will stall the boat and luff the sails so they flap for you. Do you hear that."
"Sounds like you are getting out of bed," I say.
"Com'on man. I am sailing!"
"Good for you," I say. "Thanks for rubbing it in, you ass full of crap."
He sounded very happy to be back home, in fact since he has returned home he said he has forgotten all about the incident.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 02-07-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Thanks,
Too bad about the heeling and stuff..
Old 02-07-2008
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Wonderful!

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-07-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
I'm actually working virtual from the boat today for the first time. It's been blowing 40+ here since yesterday and the marina called to tell me my headsail was unfurling. I came out, unfurled and refurled it so I figured I'd see if I could just work from here. This is kinda cool. Nice sail Alex. I want to go out today but can't find crew. No way I'm gonna solo in this.
Old 02-07-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Alex, I am sorry that I've been greatly pre-occupied this past week so I cna only now suggest what I should have suggested days ago.

Come back to the US, I'll check into that same hotel room and leave a "laptop" in plain sight on the desk while making it known that I have to be away all day and won't be back until very early the next morning.

Of course first we will install a dye pack, as used in bank cash drawers, in the laptop, and rig the hard drive's accelerometer (Lenovo's and Apple's have them) to set off the dye pack when the laptop is in motion.

Then we grab the bright red hotel employee, extradite them back to Portugal, and produce an award-winning YouTube video on "High Speed Keel Hauling".

We'll be famous, and before they die they might even tell us where your laptop went. (Keelhauling normally being 100% fatal, please make sure you do not have your bottom painted or cleaned in the interim, it needs a good layer of septic barnacles on it for good results.)

Is that worth doing, or what?! I saw your video and decided, damn, I could use some time on the water like that...what could I do to make Alex bring me over and take me out sailing now?!
Old 02-07-2008
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
very nice alex.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 02-07-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Alex,
Who was crazy enough to lend you his laptop?