SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   SailNet Burgee & T-shirt (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/40525-sailnet-burgee-t-shirt.html)

TrueBlue 02-12-2008 12:45 PM

SailNet Burgee & T-shirt

Just got my burgee and T-shirt at my office this morning and thought I'd take pics to show them off. The quality is better than I expected, especially the burgee, which has two layers of nylon with a sewn hem. This of course, enables both front and back sides to have legible silk-screened text, without the ghosted image of the reverse showing through.

Very impressive and I recommend them to all SailNetters, in spite of the cost. Now, I have more incentive to buy that replacement sailboat. :)

T34C 02-12-2008 01:10 PM

I do like the T-shirt.

sailaway21 02-12-2008 01:23 PM

I'd have bought the T-shirt, if sailnet had been at StrictlySail, Chicago. One does wonder at their absence especially since Lats & Atts elected to brave the cold midwestern winter to be there. From a marketing perspective, I'd presume that the sailboat show presents a higher percentage of buyers versus lookers than the internet alone does. And a bit of planning might have found no shortage of sailnetters to aid the manning of a booth. We were, instead, forced to man the Billy Goat Tavern where the only successful publicity we were able to perform was an avoidance of the Chicago police blotter.

Danny33 02-12-2008 03:30 PM

Nice stuff !
Where do I get in line ?
T-B ..If you want ,,Ill use the T- shirt untill you find another boat to wear it on !

kwaltersmi 02-12-2008 03:41 PM

Both the shirt and burgee look great. Although I'm a little surprised at the high pricing, given that you are in effect doing some great advertising for Sailnet by wearing the shirt (walking billboard) and flying the burgee.

2Gringos 02-12-2008 04:14 PM

The shirt needs a couple wet bumps in the front of it to photograph well.

xort 02-12-2008 04:41 PM

the shirt looks wrinkled, I'd send it back

hellosailor 02-12-2008 05:50 PM

Once upon a time, long ago and far away, vendors used to GIVE AWAY advertising materials like those.

rewell6 02-12-2008 10:28 PM

My burgee and shirt came in the mail today as well.
I agree with TrueBlue about the quality, it is very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Gringos (Post 264359)
The shirt needs a couple wet bumps in the front of it to photograph well.

Maybe I'll give the shirt to my wife:D

This is going to be a very expensive burgee, the wife told me we have to have a sailboat to fly it on. In the mean time if you see a stinkpot flying a Sailnet burgee it'll just be us.

sab30 02-12-2008 10:34 PM

Where do you order them from?