Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
My wife participated heavily and positively in the various stages of construction of my boat.

In fact it's thanks to her that I have the boat I ahve now, the way it is now. She wanted a cruiser for the summer and for the kids, me...you know what I wanted...

So the only way to accomodate both wishes was to have her built.

she decided pretty much what the boat was to have inside and how many heads and cabins. She also said she wanted a double kitchen sink, electrical heads, hot/cold showers, and so forth...she pretty much put in a whole bunch of requisits the boat had to have and it was up to me to build around..she didn't care how we made it as long as her list was fullfilled.

we visited many many boats together to help her get ideas, and once we startd construction we knew pretty much what was needed and how.

I like my boat inside and am happy she was wise enough to decide how and what she wanted. I did my part of the agreement, that is I supplied all her demands (within reasonably and structurally possible), and she stayed out of what the boat was like outside and how it was to be controlled.

She allowed me tocontour certain of her demands for practical reasons but I believe we were lucky to achieve each other's "wish" list completely.

The problem is...you really can only do it if you comission a boat...this male/female inside/outside harmony, won't be found in production boats, unfortunately.

This compromise by both of us, allows us to sail together everyday in the summer with the kids for 2 months with a lot of confort, and allows me to sailmy boat the way I want for the rest of the year. I thik we found some harmony in the sailing together problem...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I think you need to differeniate between a woman who is part of the boat (wife, gf,so) and one who is a guest aboard. If you regularly ask guests aboard, then you should be mindful of their concerns, or not bother inviting them.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-15-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
It means that he's never been lucky enough to get a woman on his boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
So does this mean you are gay sailor wind magic!
As for our resident Portagee... we all know who the boss in that family is... and the boat is named for her.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 02-15-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2008
Living & Cruising on Dana

Robby Barlow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
I think you need to differeniate between a woman who is part of the boat (wife, gf,so) and one who is a guest aboard. If you regularly ask guests aboard, then you should be mindful of their concerns, or not bother inviting them.
When we invite woman aboard they'd better be mindful of our concerns.....otherwise they may end up swimming back to shore.
Old 02-15-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Robby, I said as guests, not fresh meat

Ya'll gotta start thinking with the right brain.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 02-15-2008
Living & Cruising on Dana

Robby Barlow is on a distinguished road
PB,
why would ya wanna take those?
That would take the fun outta it, might just as well take the Mss.
Old 02-15-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
In the next few yrs, even IMHO curently, there are some boats that have interiors that some women want, and exteriors that allow the men in some families to race/go fast etc. Not that my wife does not race with me/us, but in higher winds, ie above 20 or so, she likes to opt out!

I say this this way, if you look at the Club Swan 42, while not "as nice" as Giullietta, certainly as fast or at least on par. Some others coming out, X41 OD etc. BUT, as he also mentioned, if you want the interior totally to the way you want, you have to commission the boat in a custom way!

Right now, I have a lovely boat, wife enjoys her a lot. BUT, with no cabin heat or shower, a bit too small for a shower, cabin heat is doable......she wants something a bit bigger so we can have the above.

There are ways to find what both want. You have to like all things, compromise, and keep looking until you find, or........

Marty
Old 02-15-2008

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
So does this mean ...
No Melrna, women are greatly appreciated on the boat when it is tied up to the dock, but it's a known fact that if you untie the dock lines with women on the boat, the boat will float over and hit a rock and sink.

I don't even know if your average male sailor even remembers he is sailing the boat if there are enough pretty women on board.

Please support my