post #11 of 15 Old 02-21-2008
moderate?

Displacement includes ballast.

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 02-21-2008

While your F-250 Certainly will be capable of hauling the boat, if I remember the Cal has a fixed keel which will probably require a custom trailer.
Also, check the beam on that boat. It might be a wide load.

Courtney is My Hero

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
post #13 of 15 Old 02-21-2008 Thread Starter

Yeah, the boat does have a fixed keel, but it doesn't seem much wider then most typical sailboats of its size. I'll have to make sure though.

I found a deal on a boat and trailer combo with the price at 1200. The boat thats on it right now is a 22 foot I think but the guy said that my boat might fit as long as it was under 7000LBS. I figured that was the best deal I'm going to get if the trailer actually works because hopefully i can just sell the boat for a decent price to someone else fairly quickly.

Do you have the website for that towing company? I'll probably end up googling it later, but if you had it that would be nice.

Steve
post #14 of 15 Old 07-19-2009

Weight

My Seafarer 29 is listed a dispacement weight of 6600lbs. When I had the boat lifted out it was 4820lbs with only mast, rigging, and swing keel. The displacement weight of 6600lbs is the tolal (people, supplies, outboard motor, exc.) at the waterline. Your boat displacement is 5400lbs it problaby weights about 4000lbs. Have the crane at your marinia give you a rough weight reading.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-19-2009

1. The Displacement weight is the actual weight of the boat.
But the easiest way to find the weight of your boat if it is on a trailor is to go to a truck weight station and weight your equipage, truck, trailor and boat. then put the boat in the water and go back and weight just the truck and trailor. The difference will be the actual & Displacement weight of your boat without the weight of you and your crew on board. The people weight you will have to add to the displacement for total weight.
Is that simple or what?

1600 Ton Master, 2nd Mate Unlimited Tonnage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.