Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if the prosecutor will also charge them all with criminal conspiracy to destroy evidence, and similar charges for removing the evidence of beer (cans and bottles with DNA on them) from the boat.

I'd glue their eyes shut, stuff earplugs in their ears, liquor 'em up, and then drop them all off in the middle of Times Square and see how many could navigate to the sidewalk without getting hit multiple times.

I'm a big believer in equity, rather than wasting money on prisons.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Yes, but you have to have them wearing sandwich boards, saying what they did, so the drivers can decide if they need to aim for them or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
I wonder if the prosecutor will also charge them all with criminal conspiracy to destroy evidence, and similar charges for removing the evidence of beer (cans and bottles with DNA on them) from the boat.

I'd glue their eyes shut, stuff earplugs in their ears, liquor 'em up, and then drop them all off in the middle of Times Square and see how many could navigate to the sidewalk without getting hit multiple times.

I'm a big believer in equity, rather than wasting money on prisons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-27-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Umm, sandwich boards. No, I say give them a fair chance, let them be anonymous among the jaywalkers.

But set up a free drive-through bar six blocks uptown and make sure all the drivers are equally intoxicated before they reach them. With a hooker on their lap, to ensure an equal vision problem.

Hey, these days, you've got to make sure to keep the unions happy if anything is going on on their turf!

IIRC it was in Vancouver, BC where I saw drive-through liquor stores. Now, that scares me almost as much as the gasoline stations selling cigarettes and lighters down here in the US!
Old 02-27-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I'm against having the drunk drivers whatever the reason... I think it is much more fair to leave them sober but put sandwich boards on the idiots in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Umm, sandwich boards. No, I say give them a fair chance, let them be anonymous among the jaywalkers.

But set up a free drive-through bar six blocks uptown and make sure all the drivers are equally intoxicated before they reach them. With a hooker on their lap, to ensure an equal vision problem.

Hey, these days, you've got to make sure to keep the unions happy if anything is going on on their turf!

IIRC it was in Vancouver, BC where I saw drive-through liquor stores. Now, that scares me almost as much as the gasoline stations selling cigarettes and lighters down here in the US!

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 02-27-2008
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Lake Oneida is not my fave place

I have crossed Lake Oneida several times with my mast on deck as it is part of the Erie Canal. Once I did it on a nice Sunday in July - wrong! There seem to be two main groups of users on the lake that are reflected in this incident. 1) Fishermen who anchor or drift in the middle of the lake over their favorite spots.
2) Speed boats ranging up to full Cigarette boats capable of very high speeds. On either end of the lake there are speed limits in the canal so the lake is the only place where these guys can open it up. Not to suggest that these are the only people who might have a beer or three when they are on the water, but they certainly have a lot of 1/2 mv2 going for them (ie kinetic energy).

We had these bozos going all around us, and boats fishing, at high speeds - really just accidents waiting to happen.
Old 02-27-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
I would presume there to be some culpability on the part of the passengers as well. If the facts are as stated, they certainly played a role in the decision to depart. And, if you're going to mutiny, that would certainly have been the time to do it.