Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008

sapadeni is on a distinguished road
Just Returned from Virgin Island Bareboat

Well, we just returned our first bareboat charter in the Virgin Islands and all I can say is WOW!!!! We sailed from St. Thomas to Jost Van Dyke; along the north coast of Tortola to Marina Cay; to the Baths on Virgin Gorda; to Gorda Sound; then to Peter Island; then to Pirates Bight at Norman Island; snorkeled at the Caves; to Sopers Hole, then to Caneel and Cruz Bays on St. John. The sailing was fantastic with 20-25 knot winds, and everything went like clockwork. Moorings and anchoring was never an issue, and we found many very reasonable restaurants. Fantastic!

I'd like to thank Robbie D of "C Nuts" and everyone else on Sailnet that took the time to offer advice and guidance. It was a big help. I'd also like to put in a plug for CYOA Charters. Their staff is top-notch and their boats immaculate. What an incredible experience! Can't wait for the next one.

Thanks again,

Scott
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I know the owner. Big nice guy, doesn't talk too much.

If you go to the restaurant next to the CYOA, "Hook line and sinker" and talk to any of the ladies waiting there about the Portuguese, they will all refer to Alex...

Which boat did you take? He has a few Beneteau, Hunter and even a few cats.

Look bellow...

Did you see the iguanas there? Fred loves feeding them

Last edited by Giulietta; 03-09-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2008

We chartered their Hunter 376. A little tender but a nice sailer once I got used to it. Super nice people at CYOA too, and their attention to detail is obvious by the condition of their boats. An yes, we did meet the iguanas.
Old 03-09-2008

Giulietta, I just realized the picture you posted is the boat we chartered: their Hunter 376. Do you mind if I use it ? ;-)
Old 03-09-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Absoluetly not. Use at will.....

did you eat at the hook line and sinker??

By the way, on the corner near the restaurant, there is a small place for sailors where I had some of the best Breakfast I ever had in my life...all done big local women, of the displacment hull type...if you know what I mean.

here are a few more. I had a lot more but the theft of my laptop voided all that, unfortunately.

Old 03-09-2008
Armchair Horn Sailor

Alden68 is on a distinguished road
Sapadeni:

I just retuned myself last Sunday from the same trip, although we chartered 2 42' cats with 16 people. What an incredible time! We did all the same places as you it sounds....loved Jost Van Dyke and Gorda Sound. Apparently there are 60 islands in the BVI, I wonder if they are all worth going to or if some of them are just pies of rocks?

Anyway we are planning to do the trip avery 2 years and see what there is new and different to see. Glad you had a successful trip.....and yes the winds were exactly as advertised; 20-25 out of the east every day....loved it!

Mike
Old 03-09-2008
Just another stop...

Bardo is on a distinguished road
We leave Friday for our BVI cruise. Flying into San Juan and then over to Tortola. Chartering an Admiral 38 cat. Looking forward to it!
Old 03-09-2008
Armchair Horn Sailor

Alden68 is on a distinguished road
I'm jealous. Have a great time!!

Mike