SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Possible New Entertainment site (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/41291-possible-new-entertainment-site.html)

Freesail99 03-12-2008 10:53 AM

Possible New Entertainment site

Possible New Entertainment site for the cruiser who can get wifi.

hulu: Watch your favorites. Anytime. Anywhere.

Movies, Tv shows online. They will have ads, but you can pick the ads you want to watch.

BreakingWind2 03-13-2008 08:05 AM

Only available to US customers, dammit !!!

Sailpilot 03-13-2008 07:32 PM

FreeSail,

Thanks for the site. This site is great! Good shows and great movies all for free.

I've used it onboard now with the Verizon aircard. Most internet TV glitches and freezes for the aircard... not this site. It's pretty new and I'm certain that they are using the newest streaming tech because it all streams perfect over the aircard.

Thanks again, and my kids thank you also. Now I can use all those DVDs on a line to scare the birds away.

Again, this site is awesome for anyone with an EVDO aircard.

Freesail99 03-13-2008 07:35 PM

Your welcome, with an aircard, I thought it was a great idea.

Yofy 03-14-2008 12:15 PM

It looks like a great site. But only for the US :(

BreakingWind2 03-15-2008 10:31 AM

I haven't signed up because I don't live in the states, but I would imagine it would work if you used a proxy server.

Sapperwhite 03-16-2008 01:25 PM

It looks good to me. The ads are only 20 or 30 seconds long about once every 15 or 20 minutes on the movies. The selection is kind of small though.

Thanks freesail

Digiital 03-16-2008 02:21 PM

Alright folks, just for my fellow sailors/boaters. Here is something that works, and I know it works since I'm in Canada. There is a program called HOTSPOT, this will create a VPN connection down to a server in the US and make HULU think your in the US. I have tried PROXIES and they don't work.

Watch Hulu videos outside of the US with Hotspot Shield - Download Squad

HOTSPOT.
AnchorFree
This is a application that runs in the background that you can turn on when you need it to VPN your traffic to the US server.

This will also work with AOL VIDEO(for their tv shows/movies) Video - AOL Video

Also with the big 3 tv stations that only allow folks in the US to watch.

Freesail99 03-16-2008 02:39 PM

When I post the link to HULU, I had no idea it didn't work outside the US. Looked like a good idea, thanks.

Sapperwhite 08-06-2008 06:30 AM

I just wanted to bump this one, I've been using Hulu since Free introduced it to us here. It's still working great for me. I just watched a few episodes of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia while I was at work, fun stuff.