Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008

l0keman is on a distinguished road
Well, the first time I was stationed here at Keesler AFB, I was air traffic control. Those guys definately had a strong sense of humor. I was basically telling a c-130j (huricane hunter) he was to follow an H60 (coast guard copter) doing a low approach. But I told the c-130j that it was a H65. The coastguard copter immediatley keys up "I'd like to see an H65 do this...." and busts the freakiest auto rotation ever. Then proceeds to school me for the rest of the week on the differences between his helicopter and the toy H65.

Well, I am thinking of mixing my two daughter's names for my boat's name.
Briana + Isabella = "Briella"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2008

BKEELER is on a distinguished road
boat names

I wanted to rename my boat a few years ago. Among the names I considered were "Gettin Blown " with the graphics of red lips blowing wind like on maps of old. Also "Ultimate BJ" was considered but settled on "Sailing Pair-A-Dice" with graphics of 2 dice with sails kind of heeled over like they were sailing. I've never been embarassed by this name!

Barry Keeler
Sailing PAIR-A-DICE _/) _/)
Old 03-21-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Is this thread now Dr Phil and Judge Judy hour instead of entertainment for the sake thereof.... seriously. There is not a one of you that wouldn't snicker seeing the name or a derivative thereof (heck one member found it interesting enough to snap a picture of such named vessel). Especially when walking down the pier returning from the damnest adventure you wished your boat would never take you on...

Granted - you might not NAME YOUR BOAT that, however, there is not a one of use that when we run across a name of boat that floats the line that we don't suppress a laugh and secretly give the person kudos for having balls that our significant other would otherwise serve our own back for dinner's end dessert the next day if we had done the same...

Save the morality for something decent like the crimping, solar, or global warming thread... do as you wish there sailor!

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 03-21-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2008

2Gringos is on a distinguished road
I've actually already got a name picked out for our catamaran when we finally find one and buy it. I researched all the lists of boat names I could find online, including international and USCG registries, and so far, I have not been able to find one other boat with this name. I think its a perfect name, and it has double and triple connotations. I can't wait to use it.

Now I just need to find that Gemini at the right price, in the right location...

Old 03-21-2008

xtatico1404 is on a distinguished road
I agree that boat names say a lot about the owner. I also think that just like everyone is different, you will see some crazy names. Some can be insulting to some people, others OK, but that's the nature of the game, of being a society with many points of view. I actually laughed my ass off with the Filthy Whore

I've seen "80 degrees proof" & "Blue Label". I wonder if it would be a good idea to ask them out for a couple of drinks I would probably go bankrupt before they call it a night

Old 03-21-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Gringos View Post
I've actually already got a name picked out for our catamaran when we finally find one and buy it. I researched all the lists of boat names I could find online, including international and USCG registries, and so far, I have not been able to find one other boat with this name. I think its a perfect name, and it has double and triple connotations. I can't wait to use it.

Now I just need to find that Gemini at the right price, in the right location...
What??!! That's it!!!! What's the NAME?