SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Poll: Doing research for school on sailing shoes. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/41650-poll-doing-research-school-sailing-shoes.html)

Z400Central 03-25-2008 12:17 PM

Poll: Doing research for school on sailing shoes.

Hello All,

I am involved in a research project where we are trying to identify the brand loyalty of sailing footwear and the buying process of customers. The sailing market was picked due to us being located in Boston and having a close proximity to the sailing market.

If you could, please fill out this survey. It is very short and will take no more than a few minutes.

Much appreciate!

Thank you!

Link:
Sailing Footwear Survey by Babson College

TrueBlue 03-25-2008 12:24 PM

There was another new poster here a few weeks ago with a similar research project. Curiously, that poster also had "Central" as part of the member name. Are you both students at Babson?

Sailing Shoes Thread

At any rate - I'm on my 6th pair of Sebago Clovehitch shoes . . . after about 20 years of brand devotion. Topsiders before that.

Z400Central 03-25-2008 12:27 PM

That would be me. This user name is permanent (tied a school email address).

lbdavis 03-25-2008 12:53 PM

Please post the results when you are done. I'd love to see how many people like their own naked feet for "shoes", as I do.

Z400Central 03-25-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbdavis (Post 288505)
Please post the results when you are done. I'd love to see how many people like their own naked feet for "shoes", as I do.

Will do! :)

KODAD 03-25-2008 01:02 PM

your last thread stated that you lived in California (where sailing is non-existant)

TrueBlue 03-25-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Barefooting's fine during calm weather, or while on the hook. But, after breaking a little toe on a chainplate, while sailing barefooted during heavy weather a few years ago, I rarely sail barefoot anymore.

Occasionaly, especially when temps are oppressively hot, flip-flops or Teva sandles are the comfort choice.

KODAD - I was wondering the same. What's the true agenda here?

Z400Central 03-25-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KODAD (Post 288510)
your last thread stated that you lived in California (where sailing is non-existant)

I live in San Diego and go to school in Boston. I went back for spring break (Weather was GORGEOUS) and now noticed a lot of sailing boats. Now that I am doing this project, I simply recognized them more. I want to see what is involved in taking a little trip on one. Would be a blast!

TrueBlue 03-25-2008 01:07 PM

OK - Z400. I completed your survey - best of luck.

Z400Central 03-25-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue (Post 288515)
OK - Z400. I completed your survey - best of luck.

Thank you.