Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Search the Archives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnSantiago View Post
I have scoured this thread...AFOC?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2008

sgkuhner is on a distinguished road
Anyway, she often shares with me the best part about sailing is...BOAT SEX (did I cross the line).

When we were crossing the indian Ocean from Shri Lanka to Oman, about half way across we had 10 kts off our quartewr, 1 - 2 foot sea and a starry night with a full moon. My wife and I were in the cockpit about 10PM enjoying the ride and our two boys (12 & 14) were below asleep. I started to make a move on my wife and she abruptly said, "Not here!" What do you mean, Not Here?" I replyed. "Someone could see!" she returned. "But the bys are sound asleep who could see??" I countered. She then retorted "Oh I don't know , a hellecopter could come overhead!" Well I know my wife well enough to conclude that that was the end of the story.

But...(This is reallly true) The very next day about 10 AM we were both down below helping the kids do their school work while the windvane was steering. When all of a sudden we heard a lot hailer yell, "Hello!" We both scrambled up on deck to see a Navy Hellecopter hovering over us. My wife looked up at it and then said, "SEE!"
[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn295/sgkuhner/GS239.jpg
Image of Hellecopter in Indian Ocean - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" target="_blank">http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn295/sgkuhner/GS239.jpg" border="0" alt="Hellecopter in Indian Ocean">
Old 04-07-2008

rkfitz is on a distinguished road
Babe grew up a power boater, our first boats were power. When I brought up sailing she'd crow (yes, actually crow) "I make my own wind!" I already knew that, but didn't know what it had to do with boating. I found a derelict Chrysler Buccaneer, restored it, and persuaded the "windmaker" to try it out. To her own amazement she liked it. So we worked our way up. Unfortunately, over time I discovered that she likes to ride in a sailboat, wear cute nautical clothing, even give the royal wave to fellow boaters and the sad landbound masses, but she doesn't like to actually sail. It's all I can do to get her to take the wheel so I can adjust the sails, and grinding a winch is right out. On the bright side, she loves to cook, particularly in adverse conditions, and makes the best margarita on earth. So, despite her mutinous tendencies, at anchor after a day's cruise I am one contented and slightly inebriated skip.
Old 04-07-2008
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Very impressive family, you are a lucky man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
In this respect I am trully a lucky man, but I do works towards my luck..
A family that enjoys sailing together is one great family! Treasure the experiences, those memories will last long after the kids are grown and married and then want to bring the grand kids sailing! My daughter and wife love sailing and while my wife lives 400+ miles away she still comes home for sailing and as soon as the grand kids can take a summer on the boat...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-08-2008

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
I am very fortunate that my wife loves to sail and be out on the water. She has been somewhat resistant, however, to developing her sailing skills, although she is very competent at the helm under power. I suppose I should be happy about this because it gives me my one opportunity to tell her what to do instead of the other way around.

Last edited by CBinRI; 04-08-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2008
Just another stop...

Bardo is on a distinguished road
The kids love the boat, have been on board since they were weaned. Ellen likes it when conditions are perfect. We did a 10 day catamaran cruise in the BVI last month, and she tolerated it but told me one night that she was not up for a year's cruise. I think I need to build up the fun factor on the weekend trips here on the ChesBay.
Old 04-08-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
CapnSantiago....Find it yet?...
Old 04-08-2008

CapnSantiago is on a distinguished road
Stillraining - No luck, I remain perplexed...can I get a better hint?
Old 04-08-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
Give him a hint Still!.........It took me forever to figure it out as well.......
Old 04-08-2008

CapnSantiago is on a distinguished road
Ok, I googled it so I'm one of these:

Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Clinic
Abram Friedman Occupational Center
AFoC is a Web site framework written in Python
Armed Forces Officers Club

because I know you wouldn't be referring to me via the acronym from the Off Topic pages...