Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
He is indeed Capn. A$$ full of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2008

mjrogers is on a distinguished road
Or perhaps A Fairly Obvious Conundrum, but don't listen to me because I can be an AFOC, too.
Old 04-09-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Are you guys going to help the poor bastage?

Capt, search the archives on this site.
Look for a thread that was started a little more than a year ago.
There, that is about the best clue your going to get.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 04-09-2008

CapnSantiago is on a distinguished road
Yea, I gots it...I can't deny the A part because I have too many friends that would back you on that one. But I reject the full of crap part...I speaks the truth, and those same friends would back me on that.
Old 04-09-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnSantiago View Post
Yea, I gots it...I can't deny the A part because I have too many friends that would back you on that one. But I reject the full of crap part...I speaks the truth, and those same friends would back me on that.
So you are saying you are backed up...that is typically a AFOC issue....

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-02-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
I was going to revive this once i had an update personally about my Crews handeling of the Sailing transition..however that seems to be taking its own sweet time due to forces out of my control..

So since we have had an influx of a lot of new members this summer I thought this is as good of a time as any to dust this thread off and get some of you to add to it..

So somebody start it off. OH by the way pictures are darn near mandatory... After all this is our Offical unofficial Sailnet Directory...

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2008

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
When we were "able-bodied", and just dating, I told her I had a couple of boats. I knew then it didn't do much for her, she barely mentioned it.

TheCuban had her reservations.

She'd grown up in Key West, so fresh fish and lobsters and all sorts of sea-life was literally at her back door.
She'd been on stinkpots, go-fasts, fishing boats, and some other vessels able to transport all types of goods and services, so my pathetic excuse for watercraft didn't impress her much. I mean really, no neon paint scheme? No twin or triple outboards? what, no seatbelts?

I spent all of 10 minutes removing the sailcover and casting off, motored out of the marina, quietly, shut the motor down, and raised the sails.

The "whoosh" of the main and jib filling, the slight creaking of the lines and fitments was oddly "comforting" I'd say by her demeanor. A slow, even smile overtook her face. No words were spoke, but this was different for her.

We spent more than a few days and weekends lazing about, going nowhere slowly, going to the same places every weekend, dropping anchor in the same little cove & she'd be stretched across the rear lazerette, planning my demise I suppose by reading the latest whodunit, or true crime novel. She never cared about sail trim, if we were pointing or if we were healing at 10, or 20 degrees for that matter, just warn her if her iced tea is going to spill.

She quickly learned that the sailing world is on "Cuban" time too, meaning, if we tell friends we'll meet tham at the destination on Saturday, we'd be there... Saturday... sometime. Saturday. And thats as close as you're gonna get from us.

Every so often, I'd squirt some SPF something down whatever was exposed, and all was right with the world.

She told me she was having second, third and fourth thoughts about this hole in the water I called a boat. Her experiences had been pounding waves, so noisy you couldn't hear your self think, having to raw knuckle it just to get off shore, the smell of raw fuel permeating everything you own, and this was different.
This, was nice. This was... yea, nice.

After that first day, the silence, the rythmic lapping of the waves on the hull, the ability to go into the cabin and close the door on a proper bathroom, and, come up to the cockpit holding an ice cold beverage of choice...
well, she could "make do". LOL.

Her favorite to spend the weekend was the Freedom 33. It had an easy motion, easy to handle, and we could party like rock stars. It was the boat to take our less than waterlogged friends aboard. Plenty of room for all sorts of shenannigans.
And I think it was bigger than her first apartment.

Her favorite to spend the day was the Catalina 27. She knew it was easier for me to handle, and she knew she could sail it in a pinch. It was big enough for just us two, small enough that we were close, but not too close.

Then, I did sumpin' stoopid. LOLOLOL
read about it in "hersailnet".

there are enough photos of her all over the place.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 09-03-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Not only does The Admiral enjoy sailing, it was at her insistance that we obtained a boat and with primarily her inheritance that the boat and all repairs/upgrades have been purchased. So I'd say she's definitely "in."

Jim
Old 09-03-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Hmmmm....I inherited thousands in Collage loan debts...but shes a cutie...
Old 09-03-2008
Leap! The net will appear

SailChick20 is on a distinguished road
Ummm...not so much. My boyfriend isn't a sailor, but will sail with me.
Sorry to be the downer in this thread....wish I had better news.

He will sail, and I think he enjoys it when we go, but doesn't care for the time/energy it takes out of me.

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "
~ Cadet Maxim

Last edited by SailChick20; 11-02-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.