Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009

YARDPRO is on a distinguished road
my wife and I are high school sweethearts. I have grown up with motorboats. I sailed some when i was a kid ( sunfish, Hobie cats, and flying scotts).
we have a small 17' powerboat, and this year we were talking about how nice it would be to have something we could overnight on and head to the cape for the weekend. She then said she had never been to cape lookout... I was dumbfounded. We have spent countless hours out in boats. Icould not believe that I had never taken her.. 12miles away, and never took her....I promised to take her the next weekend.
I had heard of this "deal" on a 66 sagitta 30. I bought the boat and surprised her with it the next friday. I was so worried that she would freak out and I would be sleeping on the boat...LOL..
She loved it and thought that it was the sweetest thing that I bought HER a sailboat....

We have gone out as much as possible and she loves the boat. She was nervous about heeling, but now is fine with it....

wh have traveled to St. Thomas, St.Martin, cancun, cozumel, key west, and a few islands in the bahamas..... now we are flirting with how to get time off work to take OUR boat down there........
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Time to bump this thread as there have been a lot of new members that we barley know and you barley know us.

This is a great Feel good thread...so please feel free to add to it with your story and your PICTURE....After all we are a family here...most of us come here here to connect in a social environment built around the Sea and around our boats or at least the desire of the two...but definitely for more then just information...Some of my Dearest friends have come from this Forum.

So don't be shy ..post up! and enjoy all the past posts and stories...they are many.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 10-17-2010
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
It's currently just me and my kids. No boat of our own yet but we have a pretty good deal on the local lake with the boat club I belong too. As for the First Mate, the proverbial "It's complicated" is that situation. Anyway, here is a shot of the three of us on a bit of a chill day sailing a Pearson 26, my boat of choice in the boat club.

Next season we hope to do at least one charter in the Apostle Islands and of course more local sailing.

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-18-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Might be a bit chilly, but they look like they're having fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
It's currently just me and my kids. No boat of our own yet but we have a pretty good deal on the local lake with the boat club I belong too. As for the First Mate, the proverbial "It's complicated" is that situation. Anyway, here is a shot of the three of us on a bit of a chill day sailing a Pearson 26, my boat of choice in the boat club.

Next season we hope to do at least one charter in the Apostle Islands and of course more local sailing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-18-2010
Underwater Basket Weaver

TintedChrome is on a distinguished road
As I start to post more and more on this forum this is a good a time as any to show my mug..

My better half is totally in - Before meeting her, I had decided that an extended cruise was the way to go for me, so relationships I started after that decision was made have that caveat in there that I may be gone for extended periods. She has a child from a former marriage, so the plan is for me to get my sea-legs back over the next couple of years, with progressively longer overnight, weekend, week long and month long trips, with her and her son coming along as her work and his schooling permits.

There's about 8 years to go before he heads to college, which extends my "departure" date (which now includes her) by 3 years. There's a small tinge of feeling like I'm being held back, but it's quickly over-shadowed by the fact that I can't imagine leaving without her. In the meantime, around 4 years from now I'm going to cruise part time with "smaller" trips like a 6 month-ish trip to Europe (have family there), or the obligatory ICW run down south.

Here's me happy as a clam right after sealing the deal on my first boat..

Hull #37

I can't imagine mastering the skills involved here without a clearer understanding of who's going to be impressed.
Old 10-18-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
My wife is definitively OUT. No sailing if she can't see land and be at the dock at nite.

Despite all that, she is always a good supporter to my career and my hobbies (I have many). She packs for me, organize all logistics, and prepare all pre-cooked meals and book all my travel. When I get home, she will do the laundry and takes care of the images I took during the trip.

I wish she hangs out with me more, but ......... It can be worse.

So I don't live alone, but I ride my bikes alone, I camp alone, I sail alone, I go to home depot alone, I work on the house alone and work in garage alone, I clean the bathroom alone, and even I hang out with young chicks alone. .

You win some and lose some. Life goes on,

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 10-18-2010
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Might be a bit chilly, but they look like they're having fun...
Thanks SD. Yes they do enjoy sailing with me. The boy is even thinking of doing ASA101 next year. My daughter likes to take pics and ride. I feel like we have finally found our "thing".

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25