SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   So...I'm stripping the bottom of the hull... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/41872-so-im-stripping-bottom-hull.html)

parttimesailor 04-01-2008 04:59 PM

So...I'm stripping the bottom of the hull...

I'm laying on my back on a concrete floor stripping paint off hull of my recently acquired Mac 22 - wondering two things...

1. Why is this fun and why would I take time off from work to do it? (I really am having fun...):)

2. How did a guy with no previous experience find the knowledge, materials and tools to do this?:confused:

The short answer is that I probably wouldn't have a clue (and might not even own a boat) without access to the internet and to the advice and education possible through places like Sailnet.com.

So, a quick word of thanks to all the folks here who have helped me find a real joy in life...Sailing!

poopdeckpappy 04-01-2008 05:17 PM

Yep, I gotta agree, the info and the people behind it is outstanding, plus the comedy never ends

T34C 04-01-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parttimesailor (Post 293276)
I'm laying on my back on a concrete floor stripping paint off hull of my recently acquired Mac 22 - wondering two things...

1. Why is this fun and why would I take time off from work to do it? (I really am having fun...):)

2. How did a guy with no previous experience find the knowledge, materials and tools to do this?:confused:

The short answer is that I probably wouldn't have a clue (and might not even own a boat) without access to the internet and to the advice and education possible through places like Sailnet.com.

So, a quick word of thanks to all the folks here who have helped me find a real joy in life...Sailing!

Feel free to come have fun like that on my boat anytime!;)

sailingdog 04-01-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parttimesailor (Post 293276)

Bottom paint induced brain damage... :) That's why you think it is fun. :)

Quote:

Congratulations....and post some photos when you can.

buckeyesailor 04-01-2008 06:14 PM

If you think THAT'S fun, You gotta come and hang out with me some!....we'll have an absolute BLAST!

note to self: order more paint stripper.....

SailorMitch 04-01-2008 07:41 PM

Just wait until you have a head/holding tank problem. The fun is only starting.

Giulietta 04-01-2008 07:55 PM

But wait...it gets better....I am supposed to go to Evansville, Indiana this spring....and if you take me sailing...I'll show you a few tricks in the water...deal?

jimmyb116 04-01-2008 08:03 PM

I just spent a week doing that FUN?:rolleyes: OK yes it is better than a week of work but FUN? And yes without the people on sailnet i would do everything twice.:D

buckeyesailor 04-01-2008 08:09 PM

You're going to Evansville Giu?.....
I'm not that far away........I'll buy you dinner...........deal?

Giulietta 04-01-2008 08:12 PM

yes...it's a deal...