Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
TDW in Portugal

Yep..he arrived this morning..what an interesting character..

A very knowledgeable and polite person...

We took him for lunch in our marina, and then we went to buy wine for us to drink here and for him to take home…He really loves our wine.

We also going to treat him to Pata Negra Presunto the best ham in the world for sure, (prosciutto for you guys, or smoked black foot pig ham), queijo da serra (mountain sheep cream cheese), and other goodies…

Giulietta is now cooking a wonderful recipe with cod fish (bacalhau), and we are going to party later on..

We are having a surprise diner at my house for him..he is now upstairs sleeping…he’s a wimp…and needs nappy-nappy…eheheheh

We are being hit my a storm with 150 km/hr winds and 20 foot waves...so no sailing today, unfortunately (unless I was Charliecobra - that was a joke)....

I will get some photos tonight...

Maybe tomorrow we can sail...

As far a s Joel..since he left here he is MIA

Alex

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-09-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2008
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
I was thinking of td last weekend when I caught a woodchuck in our back yard garden - been digging burrows all over the yard for a couple of years now. Couldn't take it anymore, so used one of those have-a-heart traps, since the wife has affectionately named him Chucky.

Just didn't have the heart to kill it so drove it 2 miles away to let it go in the woods. I trust you've prepared an appropriate Wombat nest for td & the Mrs and will treat them with similar respect as I had with Chucky. (g)
Old 04-09-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
He came alone...no Mrs. Wombina.....unfortunately

He did bring a Wombat for Luis...that he absolutely adores...

Fred is just arriving from school...so the furry rodent hunt will soon start..Fred has a new Baseball bat for Wombat beating...ehehehe

Here is Luis with his new 'upsidedowner" friend...

Old 04-09-2008

jimmalkin is on a distinguished road
Giu - As I'm an Aussie passport holder after living Downunder for 12 years, you need to tell TDW that the pata negra presunto is "leg ham" and the bacalhau is "fish pie" and serve it with a "middie" or he won't know what you blokes put in front of him for tucker. (also - without calling out the Galacians, doesn't Iberico have a place in your culinary heart?) Have a wonderful visit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Rabbit
Vineyard Haven
Old 04-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
I was thinking of td last weekend when I caught a woodchuck in our back yard garden - been digging burrows all over the yard for a couple of years now. Couldn't take it anymore, so used one of those have-a-heart traps, since the wife has affectionately named him Chucky.

Just didn't have the heart to kill it so drove it 2 miles away to let it go in the woods. I trust you've prepared an appropriate Wombat nest for td & the Mrs and will treat them with similar respect as I had with Chucky. (g)
TB...the kids are ready for the hunt...as soon as he wakes up..they'll be "good" with ole TD... they will give him Tender Loving care....all right....

You just sit tight and don't you worry.....they'll make a fur coat out of him...

Old 04-09-2008
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
Now I see why all of your visitors bring bribes for your kids !
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Old 04-09-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
We are being hit my a storm with 150 km/hr winds and 20 foot waves...so no sailing today

So you would send Germans out in that weather but refuse to go yourself?
Old 04-10-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
I wonder how you say "G'day" in Portuguese ??

Alex has given me access to this thing. Mmmm, one of those Sony Vio notebooks. Very nice indeed. Must remember to slip it into my suitcase before I leave.

Hi there peoples. These guys are hospitality personified. I might just stay another couple of weeks. Evil wicked grin.

Went for a tour of the mighty Giulietta yesterday. Nice bit of kit. Some very well thought out design ideas and she does look quick. Hope this bloody wind dies down a bit and we get to take her out but it's not looking all that promising and I'm not German. (Hi Cam !)

I can tell you that Giulietta herself (that's the flesh and blood version) is a lovely soul, Fred is an absolute gentleman and Luis is as crazy as his old man.

Your dear old Wombat slept the sleep of the well fed and watered last night. Food here is pretty damn good I have to tell you. JimM, my professional life takes me to Spain a fair bit so I'm acclimatised when it comes to Iberian cuisine but this place can hold it's head high. That Pata Negra was yahoo whizzbang give me more please. For those of you who don't know it Pata Negra is a cured ham from free range pigs fed on acorns. If there is a better ham anywhere I've yet to taste it and the Portuguese version is right up the top. Gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous.

Same is certainly true of the wines, cheeses and olive oil. Oh. Did I mention Giulietta is a damn fine cook ? We had a Portuguese cabbage soup followed by a baked Bacalao for dinner last night. Nice. I doubt you can get Portuguese cabbage down under but I need to find out.

Ok the, enough of pissing in Portuguese Pockets. Off to explore a bit of Lisbon. Cheers Queers. Have a good one.

ps - I flew to Europe via Korea. Remind to bore the crap out of you about Korean food some time. Oh yes. Japanese with a twist. Eel Sushi e.g. OH YES.

Bye for now.

ps - I did tell the Ms W to check out this thread. If you are lurking my darling, LYLM.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 04-10-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
When I was stationed in Korea I had Sushi also. The stench will stick with you for days!
Old 04-10-2008

Harvester is on a distinguished road
So, Wombat. You are in the neighbourhood...

Any plans to swing by the other edge of the peninsula (Barclona or so)?. If so let me know... I travel quite a bit, but if I'm around it will be pleasure.

We catalans can't compit with portughese ham, cheeses and cod dishes, I must admit, but there are some treats too (and I think the olive oil competition could definately be ours... )